By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Wii-Fit OUTSELL Ps3 by Xmas 09

CrazzyMan said:
people still comment on this?
wtf? =))
PS3 will reach 45-50 mln. by that time. =)

Do you understand, that ALL BIG annoucned games for PS3 will be already released by that time?
KZ2
R2
M:PR
HR
FFXIII
FFXIIIv
GoW3
InF
8days
T6
Team Ico
LBP
WD
GT5

Do i need to continue? =))
These games will sell, 1 mln. GT5P in Europe prove that. =)
Looks like, all you need is to wait for MGS4 release and sales. :)

Did you miss the NPD thread? The one with the hardware "boosts" provided by GTAIV, successor to the highest selling franchise on the PS2 :)

Around the Network

The only problem crazyman, is you are underestimating how many copies of wiifit will sell world wide and how long it's legs are. PS3 may sell well, but wii fit will too.

Hm, seems unlikely, but one never knows these days. Especially with Nintendo and the Wii. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

It's least likely to happen in others as the wii to ps3 ratio is not as great, and demand has lowered for the wii. Both NA and Japan have a good chance.

@izaaz101,
did you miss "MGS4 bundles sold out" thread?

@jlauro,
i don`t see amazingly HIGH sales of Wii Fit in Japan and Europe.
You expect that every Wii owner in USA will buy Wii Fit??? Or what? Every 2nd?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
@izaaz101,

@jlauro,

Can't recall seeing it........how many were sold?

Wii Fit, the game that's suppose to be fun and healthy. My predictions for this game:

I think Wii Fit will be a lot like a treadmill, or boflex, or weight set. Alot of people will buy it, but most will only use it once or twice and then pack it away or just leave it laying around for show.

I myself have a weight set, a teadmill, and another exercising machine, the only one of which I use is the weight set occasionally. I predict a similar scenario for Wii fit. It will sell well, but alot won't every play, but then again, Nintendo doesn't care as long as it makes money.

RolStoppable said:
izaaz101 said:
CrazzyMan said:
@izaaz101,

@jlauro,

Can't recall seeing it........how many were sold?

4.000 =)))

Can Wii Fit match this number?

Oh, the Canada one, lol. I hate to say it, but we hardly matter in the games market.

It will happen in Japan.
Might happen in the states if the sports@home crew buy it instead of the Abdominator2000.
No way in Europe.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

CrazzyMan said:
@izaaz101,

@jlauro,

About 33% attach rate in Japan, and last week it sold 6 times as many wii fit games as PS3 consoles.  This is after it's been out long enough to meet demand (24 weeks).  If weekly sales being 6 times that of the PS3, with total sales almost being equal between the two is not amazingly HIGH, what do you consider to be amazingly HIGH?

I expect about 1 in every 3rd to hold for NA.  I also expect that a lot more people will get a wii because of it (system seller).  Demand for the wii isn't even met in the USA yet, so no telling how many that will be by end of 09...

I expect a lot of people will use it for a month or two, but, yeah...  probably will not be used long term by more than 10%.   That said, I don't see those who stop using it getting rid of it.