By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft selling old consoles as new?

man thats crazy, it just doesnt seem fair on the end consumer. If ms did a special sale on these consoles and made it known that the sale was for refurbished units then people would flock to them for cheap and every one could go home with a peace of mind knowing that no body was cheated or lied to. If its true it makes me feel really iffy about getting a new 360 cos you just never know now what else your gonna get with it, maybe a few pubic hairs with your pencil marks... eww

If at first you don't succeed, you fail

Around the Network

LOL @ the blood what a fake article do you really think MS would do this?

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Sounds like the retailer is trying to bundle refurbs without telling the customer. It's not like MS would attempt to "secretly" sell refurbs to the distributors/retailers..So the blame, if any, should be on the retailers.

Either way, I think it's important that they disclose if this is just real old non-Falcon Core stock that's dressed up with the memory cards, or a refurbished unit with Arcade pack-ins.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Well if it states that the machine is a referb it's not such a bad thing. The Apple Store in San Francisco sells referb I-Pods.

Plus if the package with 2 games and 2 controllers is selling at the same price as the Arcade version, it is most likely refurbished machines.

rocketpig said:
plzdontbanme said:
HAHAHA what did you expect form good o m$$$$

No source but I can already tell you it is 100% true (well maybe not leaving the sticker on part)

If you don't have anything to contribute to the thread, don't post.

his name is just begging you to get him banned.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
Everstar said:

It is not in the article, it is from the comments.

^^^^^^^

wow, are you sure?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Euphoria14 said:
Found the original article by the way if anyone is interested in trying to read it. I know I can't.

http://www.logic-sunrise.com/news-6827-les-nouveaux-packs-xbox-360-de-demain-neuf-mais-d-occasion.html

My french is quite rusty, especially if they use a lot of argot (slang), but googling the very title of this thread gives quite a lot of results:

http://www.google.it/search?hl=it&client=firefox-a&rls=com.ubuntu%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=microsoft+selling+old+consoles+as+new&btnG=Cerca&meta= 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Everstar said:

A company with a CEO like that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvsboPUjrGc

Naaaaaaa, who could dare saying such nasty things about them? 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

and people wonder why Microsoft has so much hate mail