By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Yes, the Wii is competing with the 360 and PS3, and it's easy to prove it

This is what I've been saying all along, but nobody listens. Of course they are competing, it's ridiculous to say they aren't.

You go to Best buy they are all in the same aisle competing, competing for shelf space, competing for the best buy's dollars, and competing in the eyes of the consumers and competing the industry.

In what way are they not competing? They are trying different methods to acheive the same end? I guess the PS3 isn't competing with the 360, since it's really targeting the moviebuff/gamer audience, and the 360 is only targeting the gamer audience, and the wii is targeting the gamer/new gamer audience. I guess they all come in first for their respective markets!!

It is competing to everyone except a small vocal base of PS3 and 360 fans who don't want to play with the wii since they don't like it, and it's winning.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

1st three are 1st party, sequels. 4th is a PS2 port? Give me something to work with. :( I clicked through all of them. Yes, they are the token Nintendo games with Okami and RE4 thrown in there. Both of which i've beaten years ago. No More Heroes is the only thing on that list that even slightly interests me.

The Wii, PS3, and the 360 are competing together, if they weren't, then the 360/PS3 would be selling way better now.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"
Xiru said:
1st three are 1st party, sequels. 4th is a PS2 port? Give me something to work with. :(

Who cares if it's 1st party? Does that make the game bad somehow? YOu wanted hardcore games, I gave them  to you. Oh and incorrect it's a gamecube port with the ps2s extra content and superior controls, so it's a brand new experience.

sc94597 said:
Xiru said:
1st three are 1st party, sequels. 4th is a PS2 port? Give me something to work with. :(

Who cares if it's 1st party? Does that make the game bad somehow? YOu wanted hardcore games, I gave them to you. Oh and incorrect it's a gamecube port with the ps2s extra content and superior controls, so it's a brand new experience.

Nope just means its Nintendo doing what it does best. Giving us great 1st party games. I will tell you, Gamecube wasn't my favorite system of last generation and it had amazing 1st party games. Also, you just listed about EVERY core game available for the Wii. Try doing that for 360 and PS3. It will take pages upon pages. I just want more support from Nintendo. I can buy 30 casual titles for every 1 core game. Not a good ratio.

Around the Network
Machina-AX said:
Aligned launches on that tool for me:

PS3 is something like 500,000 WW behind PS2, not 9.2 million :S
360 is something like 1.6 million ahead of the Xbox.

Which would be a net growth going by the OP's reasoning (which I don't agree with in the 1st place, but whatever...).
 It's because you're doing it for "all" rather than by region, which doesn't account for staggered launches. Set it to PS3 JapanPS2 Japanand see the results. Do the same for US and Europe. 

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Xiru said:
sc94597 said:
Xiru said:

Who cares if it's 1st party? Does that make the game bad somehow? YOu wanted hardcore games, I gave them to you. Oh and incorrect it's a gamecube port with the ps2s extra content and superior controls, so it's a brand new experience.

Nope just means its Nintendo doing what it does best. Giving us great 1st party games. I will tell you, Gamecube wasn't my favorite system of last generation and it had amazing 1st party games.
You are forgetting third parties thought the wii would fail. They announced all of their games on the other consoles ,and ignored the wii. Once they started seeing how the wii was selling alot of hardcore games were probably in development or announced. Also pleas look at my full list not all of the games are 1st party. Oh and for your ratio thing, I could say the same for the ps2.

The Wii is competing with Simon, Barbie, Hot Wheels, Lego and My Little Pony. It is just a toy after all, not a true gaming machine. The gaming industry is technology driven, so a console that lacks HD graphics and media capabilities is just a toy.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Xiru said:
sc94597 said:
Xiru said:

Nope just means its Nintendo doing what it does best. Giving us great 1st party games. I will tell you, Gamecube wasn't my favorite system of last generation and it had amazing 1st party games. Also, you just listed about EVERY core game available for the Wii. Try doing that for 360 and PS3. It will take pages upon pages. I just want more support from Nintendo. I can buy 30 casual titles for every 1 core game. Not a good ratio.
 This is EXACTLY what I mentioned above. The only people that don't think it's competing are a small number of very vocal PS3 or 360 fans. The reasoning comes down to "I don't like the wii, so it's not competing". Who cares what YOUR opinion is. YOU don't think it's for everybody, YOU say it's not competing, because YOU aren't interested in it. The evidence to  contrary is absolutely overwhelming, regardless of whether or not you personally like the wii.

finally, a thread with no GTA IV and no stuuuuupid topic... :p

i think all 3 compete each other.... for obvious reasons!!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!