By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Am i going insane?

PS360ForTheWin said:
MattAAron said:
Are you sure the problem is people not liking you? Theres people out there with nothing wrong with them, they just have no friends.

Maybe the problem is you just not meeting people so you can become friends...If so, Here are some things you can do to help

1) Move out. Will force you to interact with all sorts of people, roomates friends, etc... and no matter how stupid or dumb a roomate is, I think people are nice enough to invite that person to do things

2) Go to church. Sounds silly, but is a great way to socialize (Especially after church activities), and church friends are always friendly.

3) Get a Job (Social one preferably, like retail, phone call place, etc). You'll be in an enviroment with people of all sorts

4) Find a girl to date. If things go well, you'll be able to meet her friends, and if you get close enough and things dont work out, you might still be able to hang out with her friends without any type of akwardness

5) Hang out with family. Go bowling or something with your sister/brother, should give you a chance to meet some ladies while your bowling, which goes back to #4

6) School. Classmates, walking in the hallways, computer lab, library, all places you can meet guys/girls.

I'm sure there are more, but the best thing to do I say is meet girls, because meeting girls you can pretty much do ANWHERE... Going to eat, library, school, family, getting gas, going shopping, at church, moving out with roomies, at a job... and dont be afraid to talk to a girl, who cares if you sound like a jackace, you'll never see them again...god knows ive had my share of idiot moments while picking up on a girl, but practice makes perfect and eventually itll go smooth

1) Tried it i moved out for 6 months to do a college course, i failed the course, made no friends and now im back at home.

2) Youre kidding right, why do you think im an atheist, all that morale and superstcous nonsense drove me insane when i was younger.

3) This one is actually helpfull, im trying to get a job at the moment anyway.

4) Im 19, ive been trying to get a girlfriend for the last 6 years, so far, i havent even been on a date with a girl.

5) My family are boring, i suggest things like board games and bowling and they ignore me.

6) Im no longer at school.

MattAAron had some good advice, but if that is not working I have a few more suggestions.

1) Since you aren't religious you should try doing community service. Make sure it is service where you will be working in a group, maybe Habitat for Humanity. People who do community service are usually very friendly, plus if you fail at meeting friends then you have at least made the world a little bit better place.

2) Your signature says you are fat. If so try loosing some weight. I know it is really shallow but most people would rather hang out with more attractive people.

3) Try doing group activities that interest you. Community Theater if you like acting. Find a group to play D&D if you are into roleplaying, maybe go to a Magic Card Tournament etc... The people you meet will probably be more like you and will be more likely to want to hang out with you.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Around the Network

lol, oh shit that was funny. I wish I had come earlier.

No, you're not insane, i talk to myself all the time. I enjoy making myself laugh. :)

I talk to myself sometimes.

Nice to have someone to tell your secrets too, without worrying about them saying anything like....

I talk to myself all the time. No need to worry, eh (I KNOW some of you find that ironic looking at my sig)?
But don't put too much worth into having plenty of friends; usually, that desire is more a result of social pressure to have tons of friends more than anything else. Really, having just 1 or 2 good friends is about all.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

I talk to myself all the time. No need to worry, eh (I KNOW some of you find that ironic looking at my sig)?
But don't put too much worth into having plenty of friends; usually, that desire is more a result of social pressure to have tons of friends more than anything else. Really, having just 1 or 2 good friends is about all.