By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I dont understand why guitar hero aersomit is not a ps2/ps3 timed exclusive

Aerosmith is on columbia records which happens to be owned by sony. Why is it not a timed exclusive? Are there regulations forbidding games such as guitar hero to be exclusive? If so why is rock band a timed exclsuive in europe? Just something i wondered. I think aerosmith sucks so it doesnt make a difference to me I was just curious.

Around the Network

Because Sony doesn't want to piss off Activision, who's now the biggest third-party publisher?

Well, Activision payed for the rights to use the Aerosmith songs, so why not release on all platforms at the same time. Now, if Columbia Records could have tried lowering their asking price and for PS2/3 exclusivity, but they probably don't care at all.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Sony Pictures and Sony Games (and all the other Sony affiliates) are all completely different entities.

Nordlead and Twestern are correct.

The rEVOLution is not being televised