By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you think that it is impossible to be a true disciple in today world ?

just another one of my weekly religious question what do you guys think

it not who i am but what i do that defines me. you'll never walk alone you'll never walk alone walk on walk on.

Around the Network

It depends what you try to be a disciple of. I mean, I try and be a disciple of the force but I still can't lift my damn X-Wing out of the swamp.

No it is not. Though i am anti-religion i see that it is possible....

Mistershine said:
It depends what you try to be a disciple of. I mean, I try and be a disciple of the force but I still can't lift my damn X-Wing out of the swamp.

I hear that.  I tried tried to use mine to bend a spoon but all I wound up doing was blowing up the table it was sitting on.  Stupid lightning.   At this rate I'll never get the hang of it.

Sure it is. All we have to do is gather our shoes

Girl: No, Follow the Gourd! The Holy Gourd of Jerusalem!
Follower: The Gourd!
Harry: Hold up the sandal, as He has commanded us!
Arthur: It is a shoe! It is a shoe!
Harry: It's a sandal!
Arthur: No, it isn't!
Girl: Cast it away!
Arthur: Put it on!
Youth: And clear off!
Shoe Follower: Take the shoes and follow Him!
Girl: Come,...
Frank: Yes!
Girl: ...all ye who call yourself Gourdenes!
Spike: Stop! Stop! Stop, I say! Stop! Let us-- let us pray. Yea, He cometh to us, like the seed to the grain... [realizes no-one is paying any attention to him, wanders off]

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Yes it is very possible, though very difficult. To show the need and benefits of being a disciple my church did a series a while back on this very topic. I don't think I can get the podcasts of that series anymore though... I will check and edit them in if I can find them.

edit: found it! http://www.lifechurch.tv/message-archive/disciple/1

edit 2: LOLZ! I had forgotten about this series. It has some EXTREMELY funny moments. Tackles things that most other churches stay longs ways away from spelling out. http://www.lifechurch.tv/message-archive/satans-sex-ed Give it a view.