By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumour - GTA IV on PC in November?

Here's the latest on the PC version of GTA IV. Wonder if the PC will get the DLC eventually and whether it'll support Modding in a big way? 

Link - http://gamerush.zoomshare.com/files/news/002570_GTA_IV_for_PC_coming_November_30.htm

With the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV upon us, many Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners are more than ready to get started on the title, but will PC gamers have something to look forward to this November?

According to German video games retailer citydisc.ch, a PC version of GTA IV will be released on November 30 of this year.

Back in January, the same rumor began circulating that Rockstar would release a PC version, but in October. That rumor cited retail plans.

Previous titles of the Grand Theft Auto series have taken between six to eight months to arrive on the PC after debuting on console, which makes a November release plausible.

Grand Theft Auto IV heads onto both the Xbox 360 and PS3 Tuesday. Rockstar Games has yet to confirm if the game will ever see the light of day on PC.

I am largely platform agnostic. I fail to understand why some people get overly fanboyish about what is an inanimate piece of electronics that's obsolete even before it's launched, when there are far more important things to champion, such as preventing environmental destruction or preventing millions of people dying unnecessarily from illnesses. This fact however, doesn’t mean I am not someone who doesn’t enjoy gaming as a pastime (as I have done for the last 20 years) or doesn’t have a strong interest in how the market is evolving – hence my presence on this site.

Platforms owned – PC, DS, X-Box 360, PS3, PSP and Wii.

Around the Network

Microsoft could well allow the DLC on the PC....for a price.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I wouldn't be surprised to see it on PC, and hopefully NOT under the Games for Windows program. Hopefully it'll appear on Steam. If it goes that route, I doubt we will see DLC for it because of the deal R* made with M$ for the 360 version. If under the GFW, maybe, but no pc gamer will pay for it...period.

GTA IV on PC will not be as big as the consoles GTA IV games. GTA games are better on consoles.

^^^
Plus piracy will be a problem I bet, unless R* decides to go through digital distribution as the main medium for it on pc.

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
GTA IV on PC will not be as big as the consoles GTA IV games. GTA games are better on consoles.

I beg a pardon? Playing with the dual analog is better than with my mouse? Whoo, I want to see that!

Just_Ben said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

I beg a pardon? Playing with the dual analog is better than with my mouse? Whoo, I want to see that!

We have different opinions. Nothing wrong with that.