By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Bashing Week Still In Full Effect

CAL4M1TY said:
Yeah the wii sucks! wait......... this isn't a wii bash thread................?

I think the Wii is actually the best looking console this gen, Ipod rip-off glossy white is actually really cool still and the blue led lights put it over the competition. Xbox 360 convex shape is pretty cool but it looks more like some discarded military experiment then anything else. And well the PS3 looks like a giant spaceship...

ps3 looks more like a haversack

Around the Network
CAL4M1TY said:

As for the odd good game, I tend to agree with him/her there. My wii time is mostly spent playing the next big in-house nintendo game, otherwise it gets very little attention (Raving Rabbids probably being the only exception i can think of). It's not the Wii's fault though, lack of 3rd party support (as in good games 3rd party support) is the issue, it's slowly getting fixed but it's not like the SNES and PS2 who both had immense 3rd party love at launch.

The only game I'm playing now is Mario Kart on the Wii (hasn't been turned on since I finished Mario Galaxy in January) and I was hoping it'd be another great nintendo game to make up for the lack of quality titles, but sadly while it's a good game and certainly not the worst in the series, it doesn't live up to MP3, SMG and TP. They made a near perfect formula on the DS, then had to go and dumb it down for the casuals on the Wii.

I don't get it, DS is easily the most casual friendly console out there (It actually has good casual games) and it managed to have huge success with Mario Kart DS even with it's two tier gameplay structure (snake or not to snake), why couldn't they keep it with Mario kart Wii.

How many times do people have to be reminded that, at this point in the DS's life, it was essentially in the same exact situation as the Wii? Iffy future, too few quality titles, too much "casual" crap, etc, etc. It takes time for developers to make games, people, they aren't churned out overnight on an assembly line unless you work at EA. Devs and publishers were caught off-guard with the Wii's success, and since then many have redirected focus on the Wii and DS.  But it takes time to make a damn game.  Many didn't start working on Wii titles until after the bloody thing launched and turned out to be a huge success.  The higher-quality 3rd party games are definitly coming.  If PS3 owners can wait for "good games" to show up, certainly Wii owners can as well.  Unlike the PS3, the Wii actually has released AAA killer apps already.

I know it's "just the internet," but that's no reason to be rampantaly illogical.  Fuck sakes, be smarter.

Once again, if all you're buying for the Wii are the ultra-AAA 1st party titles and you claim that's all that's good on the system, you are blind beyond belief.  Somehow I doubt that all you [people in general, who bitch] purchase for your other video game consoles are AAA 1st party titles.  If you can buy lame 60%, 70%, 80% rated titles on those systems, you can certainly pick up the same things on the Wii.  RE4, RE:UC, Zack & Wiki, Geometry Wars, No More Heroes, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, just to name a few.  Shut your mouths and open your eyes.  And your wallets you cheap blind bastards.

Well, that was a fart in the mouth.......there are many Wii-bashing "articles" frequently coming out now. What's the deal? 25 million Wiis = Flaccid Fanboy

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I think they are realising that Wiifit will make the Wii take over totaly and are trying to soften the blow or trying to destroy the momentum Wiifit will build.

So I guess there is some merit to I blame Wiifit.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
I can see this guy dressed in his wizard robes casting level 2 magic spells on all the Wii lovers in the world... In hopes to topple the Nintendo empire.

You know, now that you mention it, these random bashers do kind of seem like those guys on that Altell Phone comercial, you know the one where the competing phone guys try to take down the popular phone salesmen.

Screw embedding, why would I want that anyway ^_^ The comercial is here

WIIIZAARD!!

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!

Around the Network

It should be interesting to see how E3 goes, and how these people react to it ...

In many ways third party support for the Wii is about 12 months behind where it should be, but they seem to be catching up at a rapid rate. Now I suspect that E3 (and every major trade show) will seem like it should be called the "Nintendo Show" due to the quantity of third party games that are announced (or demonstrated for the first time) for the Nintendo DS and Wii; to a certain extent this will seem like an unfair metric being that the big PS3 and XBox 360 games this year were announced years ago.

When the Wii is getting a lot of games announced for it that are reasonable quality and in genres that the "Haters" say won't show up on the Wii how will the "Haters" react?

HappySqurriel said:

When the Wii is getting a lot of games announced for it that are reasonable quality and in genres that the "Haters" say won't show up on the Wii how will the "Haters" react?

They'll find something else to hate on about Wii.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

your mom is still in full effect