By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Ragnarok Battle OFFline (RBO for short)

So, about a year and a half ago, I first played this game. Created by a game developer named French Bread, it was a parody of Ragnarok Online designed to be played off line.

The catch is that it isn't an RPG like the original. It's a side-scrolling beat'em up featuring some of the Ragnarok Online character classes and it features up to 3 player cooperative mode, leveling up stats, learning new abilities and a lot of fun quirky stages/enemies.

The game features several classes: Acolyte, Archer, Magician, Merchant, Swordsman, Thief, and one unlockable class. Each class also has a male and female version that have different attacks/strengths/weaknesses and in some cases different special moves.

For those who'd rather see it in action...

Opening Cutscene:

Music videos (not in-game music) that show gameplay...

Maiden's Maze

Never End

Now be aware the game is in Japanese however there is an English patch which can be found here: http://www.ragnarokbattle.com 

Click Forum on the left then just scroll down to the HTTP downloads or Torrent downloads section and you'll find all you need in them.

Now the reason I'm talking about this old game is the fact that earlier this year... someone made a patch to let you play as the monsters so if you've played the game before and are looking for a reason to play it again, there you go. If you've never played it and like beat'em up games then you should definitely give it a shot. ^_^

Enjoy!

Around the Network

Is this free to play? if it is I'll download it and try it

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

Your patch link doesn't work, and you didn't provide a link to the actual game. Also, please confirm that this is legal.

naznatips said:
Your patch link doesn't work, and you didn't provide a link to the actual game. Also, please confirm that this is legal.

Ah linking to the forum portal is prohibited so I'll link to the main page instead.

I'm not sure what would be illegal about the information I've provided above. 

What I am doing is giving you the title, developer, and platform of the game (which is obviously Japanese) as well as the location of an English fanmade patch for the game. 

What I am not doing is telling you to go forth and illegally download it (though I obviously cannot stop you if that is your choice). 

Words Of Wisdom said:
naznatips said:

Ah linking to the forum portal is prohibited so I'll link to the main page instead.

What I am doing is giving you the title, developer, and platform of the game (which is obviously Japanese) as well as the location of an English fanmade patch for the game.

What I am not doing is telling you to go forth and illegally download it (though I obviously cannot stop you if that is your choice).

I'm asking if the game is legally available for purchase.

Around the Network

Is this the game that was built of the Mugen Engine or am I thinking of something else?

Edit: I'm thinking of something else.

naznatips said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
naznatips said:

I'm asking if the game is legally available for purchase.

Hmmm at first I didn't understand the question.  After looking through Amazon and Ebay and not seeing a copy I'm quite stumped.  My friend got his at an Anime convention (after about a week of learning the Japanese move names we found that website with the english patch -_-).  If you could help me locate an electronic store for it I'd be happy to put it in the topic.  ^_^