By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance Announced for PlayStation, Switch, Xbox, and PC June 2024

Wman1996 said:

Hey SMT fans, I've only played Persona games (which have dropped the SMT branding mostly). Should I start with SMT III or V? III tends to be cheaper since it's a remaster of a PS2 game. I'm playing on PS5, as I haven't played SMT games on Switch or any system in general.

Nocturne is amazing even now. Go for it.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Some 4K screenshots

It seems to me to be much inferior to Persona 3 technically
I think being originally designed for Switch has its price

Mano777 said:

You will fall to the floor in shock if you see Nocturne.  a HD PS2 port! THE HORROR! Man imagine if they port SMTIV and IVA. 3DS games. Our eyes will melt!

The areas in SMTV are massive, Daat alone is like a Xenoblade-sized area. So yeah it took some effort on the Switch's part. Stil an artistically beautiful game.

Leynos said:
Mano777 said:

You will fall to the floor in shock if you see Nocturne.  a HD PS2 port! THE HORROR! Man imagine if they port SMTIV and IVA. 3DS games. Our eyes will melt!

The areas in SMTV are massive, Daat alone is like a Xenoblade-sized area. So yeah it took some effort on the Switch's part. Stil an artistically beautiful game.

smt3 received an ok upgrade for such an old game
smt4 if it were just a port it would look like crap, it uses pre-rendered graphics that if not redone are completely disfigured on larger screens

Around the Network

No point in comparing this game to Persona in any way shape or form. Esp with Captain Obvious of P3 visuals. Yeah, it's on stronger hardware. Point?

Launch Trailer

Leynos said:

No point in comparing this game to Persona in any way shape or form. Esp with Captain Obvious of P3 visuals. Yeah, it's on stronger hardware. Point?

I said from the beginning that it's the  switch price ,Now I have no obligation to like the result

Interesting informations with the Famitsu's review :

Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance (NSW/PS4/PS5/XBX/PC) – 9/9/9/9 [36/40]

Comments from Famitsu reviewers include:

- There are improvements to make is easier to play, such as the ability to save anywhere and improved maps.
- The game is packed with content, so it is a great deal for first time players.
- Experienced players will enjoying seeing the differences in the story.
- Combat and growth aspects have been deepened.
- A fun part is noticing differences between this game and the original release, so it is important to have knowledge of the previous game.
- Systems and the UI have been significantly improved
- One route takes 80 hours to complete. (Note: In their Shin Megami Tensei V review, famitsu gave the completion time for one playthrough as 50 hours).
- The new scenario turns into a completely different story from around the mid-point.

In comparison to other Shin Megami Tensei games:

Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS) – 9/9/10/9 [37/40]

Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance (NSW/PS4/PS5/XBX/PC) – 9/9/9/9 [36/40]

Shin Megami Tensei V (NSW) – 9/9/9/9 [36/40]
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne (PS2) – 9/9/9/9 [36/40]
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey (NDS) – 9/9/9/9 [36/40]
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse (3DS) – 9/9/8/9 [35/40]
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux (3DS) – 9/8/8/8 [33/40]

Last edited by -Adonis- - on 05 June 2024