By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - hi everyone (louder and cuter than Deyon and mZuzek)

Tagged games:

is this place lame now?

yeah 13 50.00%

naw 13 50.00%

Total:26
Kakadu18 said:

Play Astral Chain.
Also Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom are the best games ever. Play those. They allow high levels of freedom and it's great messing around in them.

loved BotW and TotK! i haven't beaten TotK yet, still just messing around in the world and about 90 hours in. have you finished the story?

Mar1217 said:

Just go freaking buy the Xenoblade Chronicles trilogy. It's all on one console now and it's a mesmerizing experience !

Otherwise, Kirby and the Forgotten Land was a great 3D action platformer debut for the franchise, you might give it a go.

Astral Chain is one of Platinum Games best in a long time too and entirely unique !
Could also go for the whole Bayonetta Trilogy now that's a thing on Switch 👍

ugh i have been intrigued by xenoblade, but honestly can't really get passed the art style. :/ i thought xenoblade chronicles x (??) looked amazing but never bought it on the wii u. 

forgot about bayonetta! have you played it? that's basically like an action/slasher game right? or is it more RPG?

Last edited by NintendoPie - on 09 July 2023

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Great to see you @NintendoPie Welcome back :)

Here are a few lesser-known Switch titles that might speak to you. A lot of these are also available on PC, PS, and Xbox.

• Chained Echoes (a throwback turn-based RPG with lots of modern quality-of-life concessions)
  • Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights (a beautiful Metroidvania with great action and storytelling)
  • Cult of the Lamb (an unlikely but exciting combination of colony simulation and rogue-like dungeon-crawling)
  • Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin (another unlikely but exciting combo, this one a mix of farming sim and action-platforming)
  • Spirtfarer (a cozy life sim with a very bittersweet story about ferrying the souls of the dead)
  • Wargroove (a stellar turn-based strategy game with a huge amount of content -- and it's getting a sequel soon!) 

hey! thanks! definitely remember you.

super appreciate the lesser-known recommendations. are all of them digital downloads? i've actually never downloaded a switch game as i usually prefer to buy physical - it feeds my materialism more lmao.

Deyon said:

Welcome back

I recommend Overwatch 2 it's free fun well balanced and has a cute thick korean character

overwatch reminds me of my ex, so i will not be playing. plus, i'd assume this korean character is a girl and i'm gay so that's not a great draw for me.

also, your response to rapsuperstar was hilarious HAHAHA.

Last edited by NintendoPie - on 09 July 2023

NintendoPie said:
Kakadu18 said:

Play Astral Chain.
Also Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom are the best games ever. Play those. They allow high levels of freedom and it's great messing around in them.

loved BotW and TotK! i haven't beaten TotK yet, still just messing around in the world and about 90 hours in. have you finished the story?

Mar1217 said:

Just go freaking buy the Xenoblade Chronicles trilogy. It's all on one console now and it's a mesmerizing experience !

Otherwise, Kirby and the Forgotten Land was a great 3D action platformer debut for the franchise, you might give it a go.

Astral Chain is one of Platinum Games best in a long time too and entirely unique !
Could also go for the whole Bayonetta Trilogy now that's a thing on Switch 👍

ugh i have been intrigued by xenoblade, but honestly can't really get passed the art style. :/ i thought xenoblade chronicles x (??) looked amazing but never bought it on the wii u. 

forgot about bayonetta! have you played it? that's basically like an action/slasher game right? or is it more RPG?

Nope, haven't finished TotK's story yet. I mostly mess around and explore everything but didn't have much time lately. Still got to almost 200 hours already.

Bayonetta is full action game.

NintendoPie said:
Deyon said:

Welcome back

I recommend Overwatch 2 it's free fun well balanced and has a cute thick korean character

overwatch reminds me of my ex, so i will not be playing. plus, i'd assume this korean character is a girl and i'm gay so that's not a great draw for me.

i feel you, my ex liked eating food now im anorexic

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:

Nope, haven't finished TotK's story yet. I mostly mess around and explore everything but didn't have much time lately. Still got to almost 200 hours already.

same here. i also haven't been super motivated to finish the story as i don't really want the game to end lol. did you explore the depths under the castle? i started going down there and then it seemed like maybe it was the final area so i stopped before i got too far.

Deyon said:
NintendoPie said:

i feel you, my ex liked eating food now im anorexic

i feel you too, my ex was anorexic so now i'm obese.

NintendoPie said:
Kakadu18 said:

same here. i also haven't been super motivated to finish the story as i don't really want the game to end lol. did you explore the depths under the castle? i started going down there and then it seemed like maybe it was the final area so i stopped before i got too far.

It is the final area. Was really cool to go down there not knowing what to expect and then to be thrown into a boss rush like in BotW when you haven't finished the divine beasts and go to fight Ganon. Really cool boss designs if you ask me. I eventually died and didn't go back yet.

Kakadu18 said:
NintendoPie said:

It is the final area. Was really cool to go down there not knowing what to expect and then to be thrown into a boss rush like in BotW when you haven't finished the divine beasts and go to fight Ganon. Really cool boss designs if you ask me. I eventually died and didn't go back yet.

good to know! i can explore the castle in peace then haha, i thought that'd be the final area.

yeah, all the bosses in the game were great... aside from that slime guy, i felt like that was a pretty lame challenge. overall, zora's domain was my least favorite.

refighting the colgera in the depths was also sick.

VAMatt said:

You could pick up a Series S and a subscription to Game Pass for a few hundred bucks and then have access to a couple hundred games to try out and see what interests you these days.

series s are that cheap now?! damn.

i wish SE still made final fantasy multiplat like with XIII, bc i would definitely buy it to play XVI if that were the case. for the most part, xbox games don't really interest me all too much aside from some of the multiplats that PS5 would also get. PS5 is just a lil too expensive for me to casually buy right now tho.

also, will definitely be buying kirby at some point! star allies was pretty lame but, forgotten land seems like one of the best kirby games in awhile.