By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

haxxiy said:

If the only dark fantasy you've ever seen is GoT, then sure, it looks like GoT. It worked just fine, and the demo is the best that FF has been written since XII.

My only complaint was the apparent usage of FSR 1.0 in performance mode. That looks a bit rough. Otherwise, the demo was amazing, surefire GOTY material if they don't drop the ball on later chapters.

The team watched GoT for inspiration on the game https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xvi-ff16-game-of-thrones-release-date-1850463424

And it's presentation def feels similar in the early chapters

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
haxxiy said:

If the only dark fantasy you've ever seen is GoT, then sure, it looks like GoT. It worked just fine, and the demo is the best that FF has been written since XII.

My only complaint was the apparent usage of FSR 1.0 in performance mode. That looks a bit rough. Otherwise, the demo was amazing, surefire GOTY material if they don't drop the ball on later chapters.

The team watched GoT for inspiration on the game https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xvi-ff16-game-of-thrones-release-date-1850463424

If FF16's ending is better than GoT's, then it will for always be superior to the show

I've never seen a show leave the public eye as fast as GoT did. The first 4 seasons are goated though.

Yeah 1-4 are great. HoD seemed a lot better than the latter GoT seasons but not the highs either

Leynos said:

haxxiy said:

I mean, you can also say it looks like Lord of the Rings. Or Berserk. Or The Witcher, which obviously was another big one.

Let's just not remember the complete butchering of ASOIAF that was that TV series.

I never said anything about looking like(aesthetics). I said presentation as in the direction of some cutscenes (def not all) and style of some of the set ups and writing and yes it's intentional, its presentation is inspired by GoT. It's been made clear.

“When I joined the team and spoke with Takai-san about the overall look of the game, we had that broad stroke that we wanted to have something that’s going to have that Game of Thrones feel, that kind of pure standard high fantasy that you’d see in that type of program and visual medium,” he tells me.

Last edited by Leynos - on 12 June 2023

Around the Network

Don't think I'm going to play the FF16 demo, or any PlayStation 5 games, until I get a new Dualsense. Got the platinum for Rift Apart recently and my stick drift is out of control lol. Hopefully I'll get a new controller by this month but I'm in no rush since I don't have a lot of time to game for the next few months anyway.

Going to stick with Civ6 and my PS4 controller whenever I get the time to game though. Recently bought the expansion and it feels like I'm going to sink another 100H+ into this game anyway lol!

I'm a little late on this, but Foamstars having such great reception is really surprising, since that game was one of the few things I dreaded seeing in the PlayStation showcase.

From what I can gather, it currently is a PlayStation console exclusive, and could have the potential to be a surprise multiplayer hit like Fall Guys, if Sony is willing to put this game on PlayStation Plus.

PotentHerbs said:

Don't think I'm going to play the FF16 demo, or any PlayStation 5 games, until I get a new Dualsense. Got the platinum for Rift Apart recently and my stick drift is out of control lol. Hopefully I'll get a new controller by this month but I'm in no rush since I don't have a lot of time to game for the next few months anyway.

Going to stick with Civ6 and my PS4 controller whenever I get the time to game though. Recently bought the expansion and it feels like I'm going to sink another 100H+ into this game anyway lol!

I think in some places Sony have a "lifetime" warranty for the drift, did you check with the support? If it isn't available on your location you may try the tips for resetting the control, pairing, etc and in last case opening to clean (sometimes it helps somewhat).

PotentHerbs said:

I'm a little late on this, but Foamstars having such great reception is really surprising, since that game was one of the few things I dreaded seeing in the PlayStation showcase.

From what I can gather, it currently is a PlayStation console exclusive, and could have the potential to be a surprise multiplayer hit like Fall Guys, if Sony is willing to put this game on PlayStation Plus.

I found it cool on the event but also a blatantly rip-off.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

I think in some places Sony have a "lifetime" warranty for the drift, did you check with the support? If it isn't available on your location you may try the tips for resetting the control, pairing, etc and in last case opening to clean (sometimes it helps somewhat).

--

I found it cool on the event but also a blatantly rip-off.

I haven't checked the warranty, but to be honest, I'd rather not deal with their customer support lol. I might consider opening it up and cleaning it when I do get another Dualsense though. 

-- 

I think if anything, Foamstars took inspiration from Splatoon, and could probably push the formula forward. It remains to be seen if it ends up being a good game.

THAT SEQUENCE WAS SO XENOGEARS! I don't mean this screenshot alone but also very Stark country meets FF lol