By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Runa216 said:
CloudxTifa said:

I'm waiting for Square acquisition

I still hope not. I love Square Enix, I love that Sony is getting many FF games as exclusives, but I don't want them to be taken away from Nintendo. Stuff like the Pixel Remasters and the HD Remakes and Octopath HAVE to be on Nintendo, it'd feel wrong otherwise. 

I worry if Sony bought Square-Enix they'd make ALL the games exclusive, which robs Nintendo. Xbox wouldn't miss them but Nintendo would. 

I should have said I want Square but with Sony letting them release the games which was already on Nintendo platforms. Actually no different from now...

Around the Network

^ Fuck no to either. Let 3rd parties be 3rd fucking parties.

Anyway. Amazon shipped my physical of Prodeus a day early! This game is the Doom 2016 sequel I wanted! It feel like a mix of classic Doom and the reboot. With a dash of Quake. What a great game so far!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

At this point I do think Sony will try to acquire SquareEnix to help futureproof the Playstation brand (in an era where Microsoft is going nuts) and improve their live service output (FFXIV and the future successor). But they will probably continue to support Switch and PC. The few differences I see are that SE's AAA games will be more polished and better marketed (improving sales), Switch no longer getting any timed exclusives, and Xbox regressing from barely supported to entirely skipped.

Last edited by Kyuu - on 21 April 2023

Quick question for anyone who might know, is the PS5 region locked regarding PS4 games?

I was going to buy Bloodborne GOTY Edition, but it's from the EU instead of the Americas.

CloudxTifa said:
Runa216 said:

I still hope not. I love Square Enix, I love that Sony is getting many FF games as exclusives, but I don't want them to be taken away from Nintendo. Stuff like the Pixel Remasters and the HD Remakes and Octopath HAVE to be on Nintendo, it'd feel wrong otherwise. 

I worry if Sony bought Square-Enix they'd make ALL the games exclusive, which robs Nintendo. Xbox wouldn't miss them but Nintendo would. 

I should have said I want Square but with Sony letting them release the games which was already on Nintendo platforms. Actually no different from now...

Considering Bungie and how regulators are looking that would be likely, although I would prefer Sony not buying SE.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

Quick question for anyone who might know, is the PS5 region locked regarding PS4 games?

I was going to buy Bloodborne GOTY Edition, but it's from the EU instead of the Americas.

As far as I know PS haven't been region locked since PS3 times, the BD is locked for movies on PS3 and PS4 (never tested on PS5).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

haxxiy said:

PS3, PS4 and PS5 are not region locked so you should be fine. I played NTSC games on my PAL PS3 and PS4.

Kyuu said:

At this point I do think Sony will try to acquire SquareEnix to help futureproof the Playstation brand (in an era where Microsoft is going nuts) and improve their live service output (FFXIV and the future successor). But they will probably continue to support Switch and PC. The few differences I see are that SE's AAA games will be more polished and better marketed (improving sales), Switch no longer getting any timed exclusives, and Xbox regressing from barely supported to entirely skipped.

I don't think Sony would try to buy SE, as they already get all the games and the games Nintendo gets doesn't harm Sony. If SE comes to Sony and say's Microsoft or Tencent offered us an unsolicited X amount to purchase us and at that dollar amount I don't think we can turn it down.  Let's sit down and see if you can match that price, because we would much rather keep our games owned by another Japanese company.

haxxiy said:

I have a ton of PS4 imports. No region lock. That said like anything. DLC is but that's the case on any system.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

haxxiy said:

I have a ton of PS4 imports. No region lock. That said like anything. DLC is but that's the case on any system.

Yeah DLC was my main concern. But since this version includes all DLCs in the disk already I assume there'll be no prob then.