By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

G2ThaUNiT said:

Ooooof. I guess Sony is anticipating some additional sales after yesterday's HZD remaster announcement. The Complete Edition on PS4 doubled in price from $20 to $40.

That makes me wonder, I have the physical version of HZD Complete Edition, if I get the upgrade, does it just give me the digital edition? Or do I get instead a game that I have to download and still need to insert the disc to play?

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Ooooof. I guess Sony is anticipating some additional sales after yesterday's HZD remaster announcement. The Complete Edition on PS4 doubled in price from $20 to $40.

That makes me wonder, I have the physical version of HZD Complete Edition, if I get the upgrade, does it just give me the digital edition? Or do I get instead a game that I have to download and still need to insert the disc to play?

You'll have to insert the disc.

the-pi-guy said:

You'll have to insert the disc.

Kind of a bummer when, for instance, Battlenet gave the digital edition of Diablo III to owners of the (admittedly already always online) disc version, but oh well.

the-pi-guy said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

It makes sense, otherwise a $20 PS4 game + $10 upgrade, is a lot cheaper than a $50 game. 

I agree it makes business sense from Sony’s perspective, but it sets a bad precedence at a time where the industry is becoming increasingly digital where a company can take a 7 and a half year old game and artificially double its price……just because? That just doesn’t sit right with me. All the more reason why physical gaming shouldn’t go anywhere. 

G2ThaUNiT said:
the-pi-guy said:

It makes sense, otherwise a $20 PS4 game + $10 upgrade, is a lot cheaper than a $50 game. 

I agree it makes business sense from Sony’s perspective, but it sets a bad precedence at a time where the industry is becoming increasingly digital where a company can take a 7 and a half year old game and artificially double its price……just because? That just doesn’t sit right with me. All the more reason why physical gaming shouldn’t go anywhere. 

Tell that to Azz

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I'm so happy right now :) I'm looking forward to the new "Ghost of Yotei". A completely new adventure with interesting characters and other beautiful Japanese landscapes. According to the developer, Ghost of Yotei is as special and detailed as Ghost of Tsushima. The love to detail will play a big role in the game world, the new gameplay features and the story. And a lot of work will be put into the wildlife/nature to create an unforgettable experience on PlayStation 5. Release: 2025. So happy, cant wait =)

Yes!!! I managed to get the 30th Anniversary PS5 Pro Bundle, UK store was intense! the e-bay scalpers are going crazy right now, and they seem to be selling.... keeping hold of mine!

Leynos said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Tell that to Azz

I definitely made my position clear in that thread

Played about 3 hours of Metaphor's demo and it's a huge disappointment to me outside the turn based combat, which may turn out really good but I'm not sure yet.

Already convoluted, overstylized, unfitting music, weird direction, story telling and pacing. And visuals that at moments make my eyes bleed. It's just not clicking :(

Otter said:

It tickles me that Astrobot may go on to sell more than Horizon Forbidden West (8.5m as of last summer) if this early sign of strong legs keeps up 

But it it also brings me back to the fact that Horizon seemed to underperformed and hasn't really been seen in charts post launch window. Sony seems keen on doubling down on it as a flagship franchise, but I think the audience will really stall/decline without some signifcant gameplay and maybe even protagonist innovations. I bought both the first and second installment and I put both down quite early on, intending to return to them later but never quite finding the motivation. Didn't help that I played I played the first installment immediately after the masterpiece that was Breathe of the Wild. Considering Zero Dawn sold 20m, I dare say people saw promise and were wowed initially by the visuals and art direction but didn't make strong attachments to the characters or the world itself.

I kinda agree with Sony going all in on Horizon. 

The mainline game is essentially a 15M - 20M+ seller. HFW sold roughly the same as HZD launch aligned for a year, at a higher average sale price, with PS5 shortages, and got its legs cut off by being included on PlayStation Plus. Its one of Sony's only IP's that they can adapt to different genres, and at the very least, the majority of them will be a moderate success. I can see Lego Horizon hitting at least 5M+ lifetime. Guerrilla's multiplayer project has a lot of potential. I can even see how an FPS game in the Horizon universe can work lol. 

It also serves itself well for multimedia adaptation. Something similar to Arcane could be insanely successful.