By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

G2ThaUNiT said:

How reliable of a source is Colin Moriarty? He's spreading claims that Concord's budget was like $400 million! Not only that, but that it was supposedly referred to internally as "the future of PlayStation" with a Star Wars-like potential.

I have a VERY hard time believing a hero shooter had the budget that rivals that of Call of Duty or even to some respects, GTA. Either this isn't true, or Jim Ryan was sold on a massive lie.

Concord really got some of these people in a chokehold lol. I'm not sure on Moriarty's overall reliability, but if Concord cost as much as it did, and with how spectacularly it failed, Sony would report it on their next financial report. 

I believe he also claimed that this was Herman Hulst's "baby." If that is the case, and he sold it as the next "Star Wars" to investors, I can't imagine he would be CEO for long. 

Around the Network
Leynos said:

As credible as him thinking PSVita was going to outsell 3DS.

Didn't he also claim that Bluepoint was working on a BloodBorne remake?

G2ThaUNiT said:

How reliable of a source is Colin Moriarty? He's spreading claims that Concord's budget was like $400 million! Not only that, but that it was supposedly referred to internally as "the future of PlayStation" with a Star Wars-like potential.

I have a VERY hard time believing a hero shooter had the budget that rivals that of Call of Duty or even to some respects, GTA. Either this isn't true, or Jim Ryan was sold on a massive lie.

I don't think he's very reliable. 

He's also talking about a single source, which tends to be frowned upon by the more accurate reporters. 

$400m makes very little sense. Only way I see that being accurate is if it includes acquisition costs. 

G2ThaUNiT said:

Ive never listened to it, but he had the most downloaded gaming podcast for at least a few years. I can't figure out how to sort them on iTunes anymore so not sure. That said, I'm sure he's got sources with that kind of reach, but basing it one (if that is true) makes it not all that trustworthy, imo.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

PotentHerbs said:
Leynos said:

As credible as him thinking PSVita was going to outsell 3DS.

He claimed that they were working on both Bloodborne 2 and a remake at the same time. 

Around the Network

the-pi-guy said:
PotentHerbs said:

He claimed that they were working on both Bloodborne 2 and a remake at the same time. 

Do we know if they are working on something else? Because I very much would want that to be true. Im just going to bury my head in the sand and assume so until BluePoint announces anything else. 

epicurean said:

Do we know if they are working on something else? Because I very much would want that to be true. Im just going to bury my head in the sand and assume so until BluePoint announces anything else. 

We don't really know what they're working on. There was some concept art that came out. Some people are thinking it's a new IP, some people are thinking it's a God of War Atreus game.

I don't see a world where they're making Bloodborne 2 and Bloodborne remake. 

I could see a world where they are making a new IP, and working on a Bloodborne remake on the side to keep people busy during development.

Surprised any site picked this up, as they usually ignore Colin, but it does add another source confirming part of the story:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2024/09/rumour-concord-cost-usd400-million-sony-believed-it-was-the-future-of-playstation