By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

I had $25 on PSN account. I said fuck it I will give CP2077 a shot. It's what I expected. Bog standard city open world game. FP for no reason at all. Would have worked better in TP. Just because it throws cyberpunk aesthetic doesn't make it any different than a Watch Dogs. It's not Cyberpunk. It's Cosplay with a floppy wiener.  I gave it a few hours and a couple missions. Roamed the city a bit. I just don't feel any different than any open city game. They call blend together. So I still maintain The Ascent is the best Cyberpunk game in the last 3 years. Also picked up Mutant League Football for $3. Enjoying it. Plays a lot like Madden for better or worse. A little rougher in spots. There is an old Genesis game that is similar. I like they have the old Midway NFL Blitz announcer. Could be better but for $3 not complaining that much.It does the job. Silly and fun.

Last edited by Leynos - on 19 April 2023

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Is the Dualsense Edge worth it?

I'm thinking of buying a new controller before FF16 releases, and while I'm not too keen on spending upwards of $200 for an accessory, I also don't want to buy a Dualsense controller that ends up with stick drift a couple of months later.

PotentHerbs said:

I'm thinking of buying a new controller before FF16 releases, and while I'm not too keen on spending upwards of $200 for an accessory, I also don't want to buy a Dualsense controller that ends up with stick drift a couple of months later.

Depends. Do you want even less battery life than you had before? lol the DualSense is a sick controller, but it has the worst battery life out of all the major controllers by a mile, and the Edge makes it even worse.

DualSense Edge to me seems like it's meant more for the competitive crowd with customizing the controls to give them as much of a competitive edge as possible. And most likely, prefer their controllers to have a wired connection as well.

So I'd say it may be worth it if you play the competitive games like CoD, Apex, or Fortnite. Other than that, you're primarily paying extra for the ability to easily swap out a drifting stick. 

PotentHerbs said:

Battery life is worse and for $200 still not getting hall effect.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:

How long are your play sessions?

Edge s designed to make use of corded play.

PotentHerbs said:

I've had my system for 27 months, I haven't seen any signs of stick drift so far.

I think my two launch controllers have slight drift. 
I've only noticed the drift in one context though. I think it was the God of War map, the map cursor would drift on it's own. 

I don't have any instances where the character would walk on their own or move in an unexpected direction.  

PotentHerbs said:

imho it is to expensive in comparison with a regular controler.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

the-pi-guy said:

I believe that is only USA, but worldwide the gap is likely shrinking very fast.

the-pi-guy said:

I think my two launch controllers have slight drift. 
I've only noticed the drift in one context though. I think it was the God of War map, the map cursor would drift on it's own. 

I don't have any instances where the character would walk on their own or move in an unexpected direction.  

One of my controllers had drift from like 2 weeks of use.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."