By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Due to be sick, I'll probably miss the SOP live. But will catch up when I have an opportunity to eat.

Around the Network

I'm expecting a strong State of Play.

Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade are confirmed, but Death Stranding 2, Silent Hill 2, and Concord are rumored to be there. If not for the credible leaks, I'd have more tempered expectations, but its too late now lol.

I was browsing the PS Store app and saw Pacific Drive for $40.

It might end up being a Day One buy for me if the reviews are any good.

Bummer the timing of Joe Blackburn leaving Bungie right before the release of arguably Destiny 2's most important expansion. He was a lot more vocal and open with the community than Luke Smith was as Game Director lol. Tyson Green taking over as Game Director is both interesting and hilarious though. My initial thought was, "the dude who always wore a bucket hat in the OG Bungie ViDoc videos and the Halo documentaries?" What also makes him an interesting choice is that he was always the PvP Lead in the original Halo trilogy, so hopefully Destiny 2 finally gets a bigger focus on PvP because for YEARS now, that was always a major complaint amongst the community. 

Congrats to Tyson though! IIRC, he's been with Bungie since the 90s and he now he gets to lead an entire project. Myth II.....my first ever Bungie game! 

I see many 8/10 for Granblue Fantasy Relink. Not a revolutionnary game but ultra fun.

Around the Network

I'm shocked we're getting another State of Play next week lol.

Sony going back to back!

Stellar Blade looks even better than I thought. NieR Automata Next Gen.

I think overall this was a really great showing. I hope future SOPs are done in a similar manner and I hope there are more throughout the year this time.

The Stellar Blade trailer has me a lot more excited for it than before. Previous showings seemed to focus more on sexiness of the protagonist, and while that is still present here, I'm glad this showing showed other sides to the game.

SH Short Message finally appearing? Fantastic! Looks like a short title but hey, looks fun.

SH2 Remake - looks like a budget RE title now. Not necessarily a bad thing but makes me wish Sony did more with their emulation so the originals could be playable alongside these very different remakes. 

Until Dawn - probably the most disappointing trailer. I just can't believe that this is what Balistic Moon is working on. It's the sort of title they'd be making, and I really hope they have an original game far in the pipeline (which is what I think we all assumed). UD is a fantastic game, but this doesn't look like we're getting anything fundamentally different from the original experience, which I think makes BM being on this all the more disappointing tbqh.

Death Stranding 2 - looks insane. I haven't been a Kojima fan for quite some time, but this makes me want to go back and play the original. it being 2025 was a little surprising to me (I figured 2024), but considering what was shown off, I can see why development may have taken longer than I thought. 

Physint - honestly, when Kojima mentioned making an original action espionage, I was already all in. Even if I never get around to playing DS and DS2, I think I'm going to be totally into whatever this game ends up being. 

Fantastic show. Sony and PS5 have good years ahead. 

According to Jeff Grubb, there is a rumored Astrobot game in the works, but he didn't say whether its a PSVR2 title or not.

I'm not expecting it but Team Asobi could announce and release something this year.