By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

-Adonis- said:
method114 said:

I did them all for the plat. Literally just skipped all conversations minus the few good ones that really added to the story.

I wanted to know if you did them all, is the game became too easy or it is still challenging ?

Game is to easy no matter what you do really. I was about 9-10 levels lower by the end of the game on the hardest mode and was still winning very easily. The only time I had issues is when I forgot to restock potions before a mission and had to rely on what was given to me throughout the level. I got to deep to leave and start over.

This is one area Square needs to work on. IMO I thought FF7R was a bit to hard. Hard mode is actually pretty insane in that game. I beat several bosses by pretty much cheesing them. Hell House I only beat because my summon finished and the AOE killed the house. Otherwise I was going to die like I did several times before that. I think they made FF16 easier because of that but they went to far. It's a balance I'm sure so they need to figure out where that line is.

Around the Network
-Adonis- said:
method114 said:

I did them all for the plat. Literally just skipped all conversations minus the few good ones that really added to the story.

I wanted to know if you did them all, is the game became too easy or it is still challenging ?

Most of the game is easy enough if you play up to medium.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

-Adonis- said:

I didn't do many side quests by the way, do you did them guys ?

I did all of them and it boils down to. Here is your Doordash order. Half of them are delivering food to someone 5 feet away or in another town. They were so awful.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Okay I did not do any side quests (well I did one or two) and the difficulty was good enough for me.

I would have cut the main storyline fetch quests too (especially the one for Mid's ship and that desert town). Such a stark break in pacing just for the padding.

Not that this didn't happen in VII Remake, mind (the lab with Wedge, the late DOn Corneo quest) but here it feels somehow worse.

Around the Network

Platinum did a stellar job with the giant bosses in that game. Main story yeah twice as long as it needed to be. Also wish Elemental attacks mattered. At least give Stranger in Paradise a try. That game is fucking awesome.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

haxxiy said:

I would have cut the main storyline fetch quests too (especially the one for Mid's ship and that desert town). Such a stark break in pacing just for the padding.

Not that this didn't happen in VII Remake, mind (the lab with Wedge, the late DOn Corneo quest) but here it feels somehow worse.

For me there is no doubt FF16 > FF7 Remake. (imo) Like I said I don't do sidequests in these both games.

I can't wait for Rebirth.

Last edited by -Adonis- - on 06 December 2023

FF7R's core battle system is phenomenal to me. Tied best with Sekiro for my most enjoyable single-player combat since the PS4 generation started. But it does have a number of flaws and nuisances. For example... I kept switching to the wrong character even after spending 90 hours. Just let me assign each character to a directional button. I know it sounds simple, but I could never consistently switch to the character I wanted during intense/difficult battles lol.

For Rebirth, I'm concerned about enabling perfect parries on all characters, I feel it should remain character-specific. Also not a fan of R1+O parry being a default ability. Parry Materia was kinda broken as is, especially with Tifa's silly slides (made the hardest boss too easy). There seems to be quite a few broken/overpowered/abusable abilities in Remake that need to be reworked in Rebirth.

Last edited by Kyuu - on 07 December 2023

Sony will announce something today? I dont think so, marvel is rumoured to announce a colab with microsoft with blade IP

Last edited by ClassicGamingWizzz - on 07 December 2023

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Sony will announce something today? I dont think so, microsoft is rumoured to announce a colab with microsoft with blade IP

Probably a PC port at the very least. I could see SM2 dlc being announced if Insomniac is going a similar route to the first game.

But I'm sure DS2 is at least there and maybe an update on something like Concord, seems like the right audience.