By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

the-pi-guy said:

It was in the Q&A apparently.

https://www.sony.com/en/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/er/pdf/23q2_qa.pdf

Under Questioner 3:

Key parts of A:

We believe FY2023 will be the peak in costs related to acquisitions including Bungie. We assume these costs will decline around 20% in U.S. dollars in FY2024 compared with this fiscal year.

At the same time, we plan to continue to make additional investments in content, which is likely to offset some of the profit growth.

The wording is kind of weird. "Believe", "assume", seems like there is uncertainty about costs.  

Calling this year a peak year, feels a little strange. I assume it's just talking about the future, otherwise I would have imagined 2022 would have been the peak year for acquisition costs.  

So there's a few spots of uncertainty in the answer, that seems to suggest some wiggle room.  

Reading the quote in context, it does seem like Sony is preparing for a major M&A move by the end of FY23. Otherwise, I don't see how FY23 will be the peak year for acquisition costs.

Around the Network

Sounds like a PS5 remaster/port, and probably PC to come soon.

Did you get anything from the PlayStation Black Friday sales?

Only thing I bought is Final Fantasy 16. Really excited to jump into these boss fights!

the-pi-guy said:

Sounds like a PS5 remaster/port, and probably PC to come soon.

Unnecessary but probably Part 1 sold well so they will do 2, but where are the new games or IPs?

PotentHerbs said:

Only thing I bought is Final Fantasy 16. Really excited to jump into these boss fights!

Not yet, let see if something will show up.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

PotentHerbs said:

I have my eyes on a few games, Resident Evil 4 for $30 at Walmart, GT 7 $30 Target, Hogwarts $30 Target, Street Fighter 6 $30 Walmart, MLB Show 23 $20 Walmart, Final Fantasy XVI 40 at Target.  I may pick up a few of these.

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:

Haven't picked it up yet but getting TLOU part 1. I've been wanting to replay the game for a long time but I don't want to play the version I have and I didn't want to pay $70 for it. $40 is still more than I would prefer but not to bad. Not sure if I'll grab anything else. Was hoping AC6 would go on sell but guess not. Oh also probably Sifu.

method114 said:

Haven't picked it up yet but getting TLOU part 1. I've been wanting to replay the game for a long time but I don't want to play the version I have and I didn't want to pay $70 for it. $40 is still more than I would prefer but not to bad. Not sure if I'll grab anything else. Was hoping AC6 would go on sell but guess not. Oh also probably Sifu.

I'm waiting for a deeper sale for TLOU before triple dipping. I don't mind playing through it again for the platinum.

An early impression, but I'm loving the direction and tone of FFXVI's story so far, even if the first couple of hours are heavily guided.

PotentHerbs said:
method114 said:

I'm waiting for a deeper sale for TLOU before triple dipping. I don't mind playing through it again for the platinum.

Yea I wanted to as well but I seriously have been wanting to replay this game since the remaster was announced. I was going to start up another play through that week and then read the article confirming it was coming and decided to wait. 

Have fun with FF16. I loved it but I know a lot of people didn't like the direction the series took. Only thing I can criticize is they really need to work on getting better SQ or just stop doing them. It would actually be better to just have way less side quest (or none at all) than what they are doing now (and in FF7 R). There's like 5 side quest that were worth it in that whole game.

Coming out January