By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

PotentHerbs said:
twintail said:

For me, I'd honestly like to see them expand their scope on Ratchet (like an action platformer RPG with a scope like Mass Effect) and to do some VR work.

Actually, if their MP game ends up being a live service version of Up Your Arsenal, that could be very good.

I think there's a bit of untapped potential for the R&C series. I could see a live service Ratchet and Clank game help the franchise break out. Playing Up Your Arsenal's multiplayer mode back on the PS2 was a blast.

I'm surprised Insomniac hasn't really attempted multiplayer for R&C since. 

For sure. I hope Insomniac uses the time they have with the success of Spider-Man, and presumably Wolverine, to really rethink how they approach their own IP like Ratchet and Resistance. Ratchet especially has a lot of untapped potential that just isn't being acted on.

Leynos said:

Seems Sony has given PSVR2 the Vita treatment.

I feel like this could've been said at the launch haha

But it's too bad that Sony didn't at least bother to port over their PSVR and PSVR compatible games to PS5. 

Around the Network
Qwark said:
Leynos said:

Seems Sony has given PSVR2 the Vita treatment.

Less than Vita if you ask me, they launched it one game and patched GT7, now it's off to third parties to keep it floating. Capcom already has done more for PSVR2 (RE8 and RE4 remake VR mode) than Sony probably ever will. At least Vita got some nice games like Uncharted, Wipeout 2048, Gravity Rush etc. PSVR 2 got call of the Mountain and I wouldn't be surprised if that's how far support from PlayStation will go.

Considering they aren't launching many games for PS5 since the introduction of PSVR2 there is little expectation for games of PSVR2 itself from 1st party at the moment, which is sad since the HW itself is very good.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Just completed the Knitted Knight Trial for Sackboy Adventure. Took about 50 tries and thankfully got it after messing up with a hit on the spikes level. Really stupid lol.

Now to get back to the final world and complete the last 4 levels with my kid. Then can trophy cleanup on my own.

twintail said:

Just completed the Knitted Knight Trial for Sackboy Adventure. Took about 50 tries and thankfully got it after messing up with a hit on the spikes level. Really stupid lol.

Now to get back to the final world and complete the last 4 levels with my kid. Then can trophy cleanup on my own.

The game itself is quite kid friendly, but the platinum is quite challenging, mainly because of this trophy.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Like a Dragon Gaiden might be my game of the year.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:

Its cause of that yonyea amazing voice acting skills? 😆

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Leynos said:

Its cause of that yonyea amazing voice acting skills? 😆

Not even in the game yet.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

PotentHerbs said:

I can't find that reduction in any of the IR materials, but taking it as face value can mean many things, IMO:

It was in the Q&A apparently.

https://www.sony.com/en/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/er/pdf/23q2_qa.pdf

Under Questioner 3:

Key parts of A:

We believe FY2023 will be the peak in costs related to acquisitions including Bungie. We assume these costs will decline around 20% in U.S. dollars in FY2024 compared with this fiscal year.

At the same time, we plan to continue to make additional investments in content, which is likely to offset some of the profit growth.

The wording is kind of weird. "Believe", "assume", seems like there is uncertainty about costs.  

Calling this year a peak year, feels a little strange. I assume it's just talking about the future, otherwise I would have imagined 2022 would have been the peak year for acquisition costs.  

So there's a few spots of uncertainty in the answer, that seems to suggest some wiggle room.  

Spider-Man 2 instantly becoming the #4 biggest game of the year in the US.

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 15 November 2023

the-pi-guy said:

Spider-Man 2 instantly becoming the #4 biggest game of the year in the US.

I certainly hope the launch month dollars sales exceeded the first game by double-digits considering every copy sold was $10 more expensive than the first game lol.

Great year for Spider-Man though. A fantastic game and movie released in the same year!