By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

the-pi-guy said:

It looks like nearly the entire social media term for sure, if not the entire team, is gone. Including both Community Managers. 

Needless to say, the Destiny community is beyond pissed right now. I haven't kept up much with Destiny social media, especially ever since dmg04 left earlier this year, but it looks like the 2 that were still there were deeply beloved amongst the community. 

Destiny 2's future is very vague right now. Bungie won't say much. If they're so comfortable letting go of the social media team, this next expansion may very well be the last. 

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

Matter was also supposed to release by 2025. I'm guessing that's also been pushed back. 

gtotheunit91 said:

Well this puts a bit of a hamper on my thoughts of Sony eventually releasing a PS launcher on PC. It can certainly still happen, but adding their games to another PC storefront, a storefront notorious for being DRM-free at that, makes me think less and less that will be the case. No point in adding your games to as many storefronts as possible if you're planning on your launcher. Still great to see Sony is reaching out for as many PC gamers are as possible. Horizon Zero Dawn has been on GOG for a couple years now, but Days Gone was added just this past week and now we have 2 more confirmations. 

Days Gone already entered GoG and is on discount this week.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

What's really crazy about this latest Destiny 2 expansion being delayed by so much time is that everything about the expansion and the entire roadmap of content for the year has been revealed to us already. That's never happened before where we don't know about a delay prior to the expansion being showcased. We always would go into the showcase already with the knowledge of the new release date.

Looks like this last season will be nearly 7 months long. Longest in Destiny's history. 

And to top it all off, the delay STILL hasn't been officially announced yet!

I fully expected Bungie to have everything streamlined in regard to their projects while under Sony. When they were independent, yeah we understood that delays happened, but now they're in for their longest delay in the 10 years of working on Destiny. Can't help but get the feeling of mismanagement at Bungie. 

Unfortunate to hear about the layoffs at Bungie.

Not to make light of the situation, but Marathon being delayed into 2025 is quite the surprise, I didn't think it was that far along development wise.

Around the Network

Someone just shared lots of terrible reviews from Firesprite, it doesn't paint a good picture.  

This broke the camels back for me. Screw Bungie. 

Not a good week.

Baffled by whatever is going on at Bungie. Makes little sense to me to be letting go of people who have been there decades, and are well loved.  

Those Firesprite reviews are concerning, and hopefully the studio pulls through.  

A couple bad reviews from a studio with 250+ employees is not that concerning tbqh

twintail said:

A couple bad reviews from a studio with 250+ employees is not that concerning tbqh

Did you not read the reviews? One of them said the studio has lost over 100 employees since the Sony buyout.