By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

I just started hard mode for the main game and am already somewhat struggling in chapter 1 lol.

For Intermission, I finished the main story on hard but I'm yet to complete Yuffie and Sonon vs Top Secrets. Had a blast figuring out how to deal with the first super boss, who forces you to use a variety of character specific dodges/blocking/parries to survive him, while also forcing you to be aggressive. Such a satisfying mix of defense and offense. One mistake at the wrong moment (like retrieving your shuriken when your intention is to throw it) can easily snowball into defeat. It's a thrill.

And to clarify on my comment on visuals: This game does look gorgeous during its better times, typically metallic environments and glossy materials at night time. It usually doesn't look nearly as good at day time and wider rocky environments (unlike Rebirth). Boss fights like the Airbuster looked stunning down to the smallest details. It's CGI like.

Another thing I said that needs rectifying is my comment on story changes. The "Whispers" aspect and the ending can fuck off, but so far I love how they're treating Yuffie and Wutai. She's no longer just some optional goofy ass cutie with little to no depth.

Around the Network

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Great purchase and a nice freebie.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

rapsuperstar31 said:
BasilZero said:

I wish ND would make that rumored/teased space IP or a new Uncharted :(

I think they are making the teased space ip and Last of Us part 3, someone else is making Uncharted, more than likely Bend Studio.

Bend is working on a new IP that "builds on the open world mechanics from Days Gone"

the-pi-guy said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

I think they are making the teased space ip and Last of Us part 3, someone else is making Uncharted, more than likely Bend Studio.

Bend is working on a new IP that "builds on the open world mechanics from Days Gone"

That's true maybe they are making two games, I know Bend denied making Uncharted but I have a feeling they are.  I could also see Blue Point working on it or possibly somebody else maybe Iron Galaxy if Sony trusts them.  Both Bend worked on the Playstation Vita Uncharted games and Bluepoint did the Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection.

Around the Network
rapsuperstar31 said:
the-pi-guy said:

That's true maybe they are making two games, I know Bend denied making Uncharted but I have a feeling they are.  I could also see Blue Point working on it or possibly somebody else maybe Iron Galaxy if Sony trusts them.  Both Bend worked on the Playstation Vita Uncharted games and Bluepoint did the Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection.

I'm sure it's a new team working on it.  

Which I think would be better. Bend working on a new IP, Bluepoint speculated to be part of the rumoured GoW game, and then a different team on Uncharted.

I prefer that being true haha, but hopefully we don't wait too long to find out

rapsuperstar31 said:
the-pi-guy said:

I'm sure it's a new team working on it.  

Which I think would be better. Bend working on a new IP, Bluepoint speculated to be part of the rumoured GoW game, and then a different team on Uncharted.

I prefer that being true haha, but hopefully we don't wait too long to find out

PS5 Slim still having the disc drive looks bulky as hell lol. Still nice it now comes with 1TB of storage by default. Looks like the detachable disc drive is confirmed.

Wait, did Sony just make the side plates obsolete? lol also, horizontal stand included, but vertical stand will be sold separately.

Kinda hard to see, but it's just a little kickstand that's now included for horizontal use. 

*Expects an official pricedrop... gets another price hike instead*

Such "aggressive" pricing!