By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Spoiler!

Around the Network
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Shtinamin_ said:

Can I ask why you decided to beat around the bush to not answer any of the questions regarding VP Kamala Harris, that I reciprocated from someone else about Trump?

Because as I said, I think they're bad questions. And to a great extent, I think the questions are dishonest. People lie about their values, or they cover things up to be more likable. Or sometimes the news media does it for them. There's a reason why people say "don't meet your heroes". 

People's personal values are often not what they seem to be.

The most meaningful way to have that conversation is to talk about their policies, unless we have meaningful insight into their personal lives. 

Policy wise

For example Trump pretty directly contributed to a lot of women's deaths, by helping ban abortion. Abortion is health care in a lot of cases, no matter how much conservatives want to pretend it's not.

Harris might be tougher on war than Trump or Biden. She seems more willing to call out Israel's atrocities than either of them.

She's actually understands what sustainability looks like, she's not claiming that windmills cause cancer somehow. 

Shtinamin_ said:

I wanted to have a conversation (with anyone really) and you decided to not, so why did you post then. You didnt positively contribute to the conversation. Why push for confrontation and contention?

I could ask you, why you want to proclaim Trump's values and sacrifices, without acknowledging his short comings?

Saying positive lies is not good conversation. 

Around the Network

America...Please do something about that twat Musk, desperately trying to fan the flames in the UK, I hate this dude, I wish he would fuck off to Russia. Starting to think Europe should just ban Twitter, I use it heavily but I hate Musk that much that I'd shrug it off and say "okay, deserved" and move on to something else.

He does nothing about the bots spreading bullshit propaganda on behalf of Russia, he himself spreads Russian propaganda, he tries to fan the flames in Germany with his moronic political takes, he tries to fan the flames in the UK. This apartheid motherfucker is desperate for a race war in Europe and he is 100% going to peddle stolen election conspiracy theories if Harris wins.

If I were to leave Twitter, which is more popular out of Threads, Mastodon and BlueSky?

Maybe if it were banned in Europe, one of those could actually take off a lot more.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 10 August 2024

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Lul. Karma.

On July 22, POLITICO began receiving emails from an anonymous account. Over the course of the past few weeks, the person — who used an AOL email account and identified themselves only as "Robert" — relayed what appeared to be internal communications from a senior Trump campaign official. A research dossier the campaign had apparently done on Trump's running mate, Ohio Sen. JD Vance, which was dated Feb. 23, was included in the documents. The documents are authentic, according to two people familiar with them and granted anonymity to describe internal communications. One of the people described the dossier as a preliminary version of Vance's vetting file.

The person said they had a "variety of documents from [Trump's] legal and court documents to internal campaign discussions." Asked how they obtained the documents, the person responded: "I suggest you don't be curious about where I got them from. Any answer to this question, will compromise me and also legally restricts you from publishing them."

===

But her emails! Lmao. The Trump campaign being hit by a simple phishing hack. You know the press would leak all of this shit if it was Democrats hit by the hack in an instant, they couldn't wait with Hillary, will they will Trump? I'm betting they won't. If I don't see this stuff leaked or reported on by the press then it's pretty obvious they're doing everything in their power to get Trump back in.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 10 August 2024