By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokemon Scarlet Violet Review - Two steps forward, two steps back

Tagged games:

I may be a bit new to the series, jumping in at Sword and Shield. But after reviewing Arceus, I'm a bit worried that another main entry is simply coming too soon. Am I wrong?

And here's the "will he ever run out of accusations of why we don't watch his videos" written version! https://zyro-eg.com/2022/12/14/pokemon-scarlet-and-violet-review/

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
Around the Network

I heard Pikachu is done. Sad day.

Good visuals.

Looks like your saying you can and will spend 100s of hours in this game as it is strangely addictive.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

spurgeonryan said:

I heard Pikachu is done. Sad day.

Good visuals.

Looks like your saying you can and will spend 100s of hours in this game as it is strangely addictive.

I think you're referring to the anime: Ash is done.  The games are their own separate thing lol

I wouldn't put the word "good" in front of visuals, but the characters and enclosed spaces are definitely a step up from Arceus!

The reality is that the addition is actually the concept of "the right tool for the right job".  This applies to other games, too: in Monster Hunter, I'd collect weapons and armors for loadouts for specific monsters/situations.  In Genshin, you basically collect the characters because of their movesets and elements to combine with your squads.  The addiction sets in when you realize you're basically preparing yourself for "any" situation, so you like to "have them all" (or at least as many as possible" so that you're ready to dominate hahaha

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/