By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shmups are way to niche as a genre even I who scores top 3 leaderboards with skill beyond most japanese pros in shmups cant get audiance 99% gaming population dont play them

I saw some more shmup releases and barely anyone cared about anything this year then In look at a spiderman ps4 trailer or Xenoblade 3 trailer and those toss any shmup views on anything this generation like it's a dead horse I seen like 1 or 2 medium sized youtube channels upload shmup like Bullet Soul Infinite Burst onbly to get baby views I'm like damn if any other more shmups get ported like MUSHA or ultra niche Assault Suit Leynos or Niche fighter like Fighting EX Switch I understand Even if I play Assault Suit leynos and be Number 1 on leaderboards I still get barely views . /Or Musha rankings 

Around the Network

They have become quite a niche genre. And instead of seeking ways to expand the public through stories or neat mechanics, most Shoot'em Ups went full into niche difficulty, making the Bullet Hell the standard instead of the exception. Hellish difficulty near epilepsy levels does not attract a new audience.

That, and they abandoned the engrish. That was so fun...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

They have become quite a niche genre. And instead of seeking ways to expand the public through stories or neat mechanics, most Shoot'em Ups went full into niche difficulty, making the Bullet Hell the standard instead of the exception. Hellish difficulty near epilepsy levels does not attract a new audience.

That, and they abandoned the engrish. That was so fun...

Thanks for the memories :) That Engrish was super fun.