By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

Being here for a long time, I still remember the days when PS3 thanks to PS2 and Ps one huge library that gamers invested in it will make PS3 a huge succes from day one!

Last gen I saw so many people in Maximillian's stream mentioning that they got an Xbox for KI, similar comments were made in SoT streams.

Saw it well pointed out.

Phil made clear that Arkane Austin will survive in that interview, he made clear they will make another game, he made clear that he believes in them and they will come back swinging, that must have felt good for morale at the studio to have your boss publicly support you so strongly and take away any fear of closure (I know that was very unlikely but I don't imagine the developers are in a good place emotionally right now).

Anyone in the industry who is being cruel about them I hope are blacklisted from working with Xbox

Phil should visit them personally and give them some more private reassurance.

Arkane's next title will be a banger and Austin will recover.

konnichiwa said:

Being here for a long time, I still remember the days when PS3 thanks to PS2 and Ps one huge library that gamers invested in it will make PS3 a huge succes from day one!

Last gen I saw so many people in Maximillian's stream mentioning that they got an Xbox for KI, similar comments were made in SoT streams.

Yeah.

They shot themselves in the hand, foot and stomach.

• Way more expensive than Xbox.
  • A year later than Xbox
  • Harder to develop for than Xbox which led to a lot of easy exclusives for Xbox.
  • Dumb PR moments "second job"
  • Had no Kinect fad to boost sales.
  • Xbox Live was the gold standard of Online Play, Xbox + Modern Warfare was the go to, PSN was far behind.

And PS3 still beat Xbox 360 in the end. Lol.

PlayStation is a juggernaut.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 04 May 2023

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

I watched the video, and he said about how losing the previous generation affects this generation, that already existing gaming libraries and how it affects your choice of console when you go to a mall buying a console, and it is just not true. They said some of the Series S owners were newcomers, and the Switch had to start its library from 0 but still managed to succeed, so this is def not true.

Yeah I'm confused Lol.

Wth is a handheld fork of Windows?

Doubt if Tom doesn't know about it that it's something legit, maybe Grubb heard wrong.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 04 May 2023

Oh no, this fella works in M&A

Jk Jk. It means nothing.

SKMBlake said:
Ryuu96 said:

I watched the video, and he said about how losing the previous generation affects this generation, that already existing gaming libraries and how it affects your choice of console when you go to a mall buying a console, and it is just not true. They said some of the Series S owners were newcomers, and the Switch had to start its library from 0 but still managed to succeed, so this is def not true.

Well well well, if it isn't Mr. Break Threads

I doubt Phil is ever referring to Nintendo because they only recently incorporated Nintendo accounts to carry your digital library. But throughout the 8th gen, digital game purchases increased a hundredfold! Now all of a sudden, you have a hundred games on your PS account that you'll lose access to if you ever switched to Xbox, and vice versa, but you can only afford one console. 

So it is very much true what he's pointing out. It's a big reason why Steam users will never switch to Epic Games Store because that's where their library of games are. Obviously different considering you don't have to buy an entirely different device, but point still remains. I know that's a big reason why I'll never switch to EGS.