By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Leynos said:

I am playing the Gears of War series for the first time. I just finished 1 and a few missions into GoW2. Playing on Xbox 360. Gears of War 1. It's old. A little clunky. A little frustrating in 2023 that might not have been in 2006. Still. Not bad. Kinda liked it. Shame I didn't experience it then if my then-limited tastes and funds allowed it. But I'm in the Gears series now. I still think VanQuish is better because the shooting and movement are so much better. Also 4 years newer so there is that. I still think VanQuish is the best-playing SP TPS ever so far. Tho that generation had some great ones. Transformers Fall of series. EX Troopers and Lost Planet 1-2. All great TPS games. I prefer sci-fi so you won't see me dive into non-sci-fi ones. (I hated Uncharted 3 and hated TLOU). If Gears 4 finally works on PC and Gears 5 is on PC GP I may give them a go. I have a free month trial collecting dust over here.

I just started playing the transformers games. Graphics arent great but the game is very enjoyable so far. Bit harder than I expected it to be. You can play Gears of War 2 with 60fps and upscaled resolution on a Series X console if you have one. Plays and looks much better. Or do you want to OG experience?

Around the Network

I only have a 360. War is a rough looking game but Fall of Cybertron looks and plays better. Both good.

Last edited by Leynos - on 03 May 2023

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Yes, still at War for Cybertron. Good to know Fall looks and plays better. Have fun with the Gears games. In my opinion, Gears 4 is the least enjoyable.

the-pi-guy said:

It's such a great shame that MS

doesn't

have

any

other

games

in the works. Better start panicking.

Lol, sorry.  

Lists of unreleased games honestly means nothing, it only feels rather pathetic compared when others don't need a list and have already a great ton of stuff to play. It says enough that a few months ago Redfall was still on that list and now it will be only mentioned tin plenty of 'top 10 worst/Dissapointed games of 2023' articles and videos. 

konnichiwa said:
the-pi-guy said:

It's such a great shame that MS

doesn't

have

any

other

games

in the works. Better start panicking.

Lol, sorry.  

Lists of unreleased games honestly means nothing, it only feels rather pathetic compared when others don't need a list and have already a great ton of stuff to play. It says enough that a few months ago Redfall was still on that list and now it will be only mentioned tin plenty of 'top 10 worst/Dissapointed games of 2023' articles and videos. 

What? In the works titles are unreleased titles by definition. Listing those is supposed to be pathetic now? 

Whats pathetic is automatically thinking this through the lense of a measuring contest with other platforms.

Do you want us to believe list like these are only made/exist in this community? Or that no titles ever featured on such a list for other platforms ever turned out to be sub par to expectation? Or that when other community make such a list, it somehow as a different meaning?

Around the Network

I love how Obsidian and InXile are always so supportive of every studio.

Leynos said:

I am playing the Gears of War series for the first time. I just finished 1 and a few missions into GoW2. Playing on Xbox 360. Gears of War 1. It's old. A little clunky. A little frustrating in 2023 that might not have been in 2006. Still. Not bad. Kinda liked it. Shame I didn't experience it then if my then-limited tastes and funds allowed it. But I'm in the Gears series now. I still think VanQuish is better because the shooting and movement are so much better. Also 4 years newer so there is that. I still think VanQuish is the best-playing SP TPS ever so far. Tho that generation had some great ones. Transformers Fall of series. EX Troopers and Lost Planet 1-2. All great TPS games. I prefer sci-fi so you won't see me dive into non-sci-fi ones. (I hated Uncharted 3 and hated TLOU). If Gears 4 finally works on PC and Gears 5 is on PC GP I may give them a go. I have a free month trial collecting dust over here.

The remake of the first Gears of War is on PC GP if you want something more modern lol. Although even that game is like 7 or 8 years old now. Gears 4 and 5 are on PC GP as well! 

Get Ready for the Xbox Games Showcase and Starfield Direct Double Feature Airing June 11

We’re delighted to announce that the Xbox Games Showcase will be livestreamed on June 11 at 10am PT (local time zones below). Immediately after the Showcase, we’ll be airing Starfield Direct, a deep-dive into Bethesda Game Studios’ highly anticipated sci-fi RPG.

Join us for some new surprises and first-looks from our incredibly talented internal studios, and our many creative partners around the world. This is the day gamers have been waiting for to see what is coming to Xbox, PC, and Game Pass.

Starfield Direct will invite you inside Bethesda Game Studios to learn much, much more about Starfield, with tons of new gameplay, developer interviews, and behind-the-scenes insider information.

Like last year, we’ll also have our follow-up stream, Xbox Games Showcase Extended airing June 13 at 10am PT, with in-depth interviews focused on the news from our Xbox Games Showcase as well as game updates from our partners.

You’ll be able to watch our June 11 shows live through a variety of outlets, and in over 30 languages, and American Sign Language, British Sign Language and English Audio Descriptions. You can tune into one stream to watch both shows – it’s a double feature:

Airtime for Xbox Games Showcase in Local Time Zones:

• PT: June 11, 10am
  • ET: June 11, 1pm
  • BST: June 11, 6pm
  • CET: June 11, 7pm
  • JST: June 12, 4am
  • AEST: June 12, 5am

Our virtual and in-person FanFest events are also returning this year, with opportunities to watch our broadcast with local fans in Los Angeles, Mexico City, São Paulo, Melbourne, and Warsaw. Sign up for Xbox FanFest at aka.ms/XboxFanFest and enter to win for a chance to attend. No Purchase Necessary. Open only to registered Xbox FanFest fans. 18+. Ends 5/9/23. For country restrictions and unique Sweepstakes details, see Official Rules.”

Make sure to stay tuned for more information on the Xbox Games Showcase, and Starfield Direct, coming on June 11.

Get Ready for the Xbox Games Showcase and Starfield Direct Double Feature Airing June 11 - Xbox Wire