By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Brad Smith is promising MS won't make large purchases anymore?

Also, Sony is trying to take this to Capitol Hill?!?!? Hearings on Capitol Hill are nothing more than public puff pieces. Usually to intentionally make the other party look bad. That's petty beyond compare.

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

Brad Smith is promising MS won't make large purchases anymore?

Also, Sony is trying to take this to Capitol Hill?!?!? Hearings on Capitol Hill are nothing more than public puff pieces. Usually to intentionally make the other party look bad. That's petty beyond compare.

Maybe...Maybe not, those limits could be on anything really, limits they charge for certain services for example? Could be limits on xCloud? But yeah, it could be a limit on acquisitions, I don't know what that would look like though.

Microsoft REALLY wants this deal to go through, Lol. So far, I think EC will pass it but I'm less certain on CMA (must protect Sony) and FTC (big tech bad) right now. Wasn't aware about that stuff about Capitol Hill, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 21 November 2022

“Phil Spencer is the exact sort of person you want as an executive of a gaming company,” said Harold Goldberg, president and founder, NYVGCC. “He has consistently shown his commitment to making Xbox the most consumer friendly and diverse platform in the console gaming space. Phil has transformed Xbox into one of the most progressive companies truly pushing the medium forward. He is an exemplary figure that encourages the message that games are for everyone and we are honored to present him with the 2022 Andrew Yoon Legend Award.”

Last week was Mastodon. This week it's Hive apparently lol

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

Mastodon will never take off, it's far too confusing with the server nonsense, I didn't even sign up. Hive though, looks way closer to Twitter than any of the others, I'll likely sign up when they get a web app up. It's a shame people will be broken apart now though across various apps, I'm sure some investors right now are looking at the thousands of Twitter employees laid off and thinking about it, someone needs to make a move soon.

I'm sticking with Twitter for now until I see which one takes off and stays popular, I think Hive has a good shot, but only if it receives some investor backing, they will need to scale up rapidly in servers, support, infrastructure, etc. Like they desperately need a web app right now and they'll blow up more than they're already blowing up with just a mobile app.

Just need Musk to not piss off anymore advertisers and thus kill Twitter before I make my move There is still a path out of this for Musk if he just hires a competent CEO who knows what the fuck they're doing and then he can fuck off into the background as a silent investor, but his ego is too big to do that, Lol.

Anyone interested in trying out Evil West? Review embargo is up and so far, I like what I'm hearing! A game that harkens back to the 360 era. Not trying to nominated for GOTY at TGA, not trying to change the gaming landscape, just trying to be a great Cowboys vs Vampires action game. Skill Up called it the video game equivalent of Zombieland. Top tier popcorn cinema with pizza

No live service, no endgame spending, no open world, no elaborate RPG systems, no thought-provoking narrative. It's just a gruff dude, some cutscenes, and some action-packed levels. And I love the way this sounds!!!

Sean W sounding more and more ridiculous in his videos but man am I excited about Season 3 of Infinite! The maps are looking pretty legit. Hopefully we do get that 3rd map. 

DroidKnight said:

Amazon.  Finally grabbed my copy.

Congrats. I hope I will pick up mine as well some time down the line, preferably steelbook edition but it already is priced at 85$ the last time I checked.

gtotheunit91 said:

I tried to sign up to Mastodon just to check out what it is but it says that sign ups are closed on their main official servers. This thing will never take off unless they invest a lot in scaling up their infrastructure because demand is clearly way higher than their capacity. Let's see how this Hive goes, but from what I saw it actually looks more like Instagram alternative rather than Twitter.