By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
gtotheunit91 said:

God damn the FTC case is beyond dead that’s just brutal!

Yup. While this was just a troll lawsuit, it also used a lot of FTC's and CMA's arguments. To see a judge so easily dismiss it in both an anticompetitive law standpoint and using simple logic to easily dismiss the CoD foreclosure concern is not a good sign at all for FTC's chances.

We did all know that FTC will lose in court because the law simply doesn't back them up at all and all they rely on is speculative nonsense but now we have an actual real-world example rather than speculation they will lose. If FTC were at all smart they would drop the case immediately if the CMA approves the deal. Crazy what using simple logic and facts does, Lol.

Feels like a lot of positive news in Microsoft's direction lately and the momentum/PR is on their side again.

• Gamers Lawsuit being so easily dismissed when it uses a lot of FTC's arguments.
  • China reportedly approving the deal and Tencent being in favour of it.
  • EU reportedly approving the deal with only behavioural concessions related to Cloud.
  • CMA spending a lot of time listening to behavioural remedies.
  • Nvidia coming onboard to support the deal, one of the major Cloud companies, along with multiple smaller ones.

Course it still ultimately comes down to the CMA but their case was already incredibly weak for blocking the deal, Microsoft and Sony are not close enough in UK, especially not when CMA's own arguments determine that only 3% would leave PlayStation for Xbox, how on Earth can they argue that is an SLC when PlayStation is at least 10%+ ahead of Xbox in UK and will grow considering PS's stock situation was awful last year.

The RCB's (Relevant Consumer Benefits) are growing fast thanks to all of these deals and one way to get CMA to accept behavioural remedies is by increasing RCBs, essentially Microsoft needs to say "if the deal is approved, it benefits this many consumers/companies, if the deal is blocked, it benefits this many" and the former needs to be more than the latter to encourage CMA to accept behavioural remedies, I think Microsoft has done that part.

CMA doesn't like monitoring behavioural remedies, well, Microsoft has offered to pay for an independent monitoring agency and now EU will be monitoring the Cloud concessions which will apply worldwide so CMA doesn't have to worry about that side. Once more, CMA has demanded any concessions they have be applied worldwide but if they want that then they should look at the worldwide market too.

This was all before Microsoft pointed out a huge flaw in their maths in regards to CMA's belief that Microsoft has incentive to foreclose CoD on PlayStation, if CMA doesn't fix that mistake then it will 100% be taken to CAT and CMA surely has to know that, they have to know that they already had a weak case even before Microsoft pointed out their maths error, are they happy for it to be taken to CAT? Maybe, Lol.

CMA could still block it because it has felt a little like they've wanted to block it from day one and their arguments are incredibly weak but they've stuck by them and if they do they will seemingly be the only regulator to do so and be on their own little island, FTC has not yet issued an attempt to block the deal and we can now see clearly that the US Courts don't back them.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 21 March 2023

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Zippy6 said:

We don't really know how much PS5 is beating the Xbox Series in last couple of months in the UK. Yes PS5 has received massive gains YoY but we don't know how far behind it was last year where Xbox won Jan/Feb 2022. It's definitely not as bad as 5:1 though.

Absolute worse case scenario for Xbox in February (assuming they only outsold PS5 by 1 unit last year) is 3.6:1, can't work out January unfortunately as no Xbox YoY data but as PS5 improved 98% in January and not 316% like February it's probably close to 2:1 at worst.

Don't know if there's anyway to see UK estimates for VGChartz anymore. It's on the legacy weekly charts but that's it.

You're right they should be looking at trends though.

I may have been thinking about US instead of UK with the 5:1. The gap has been dismal here. If you follow Welfare on twitter, an independent console sales tracker, his tracking has shown Xbox stock in the US falling off a cliff at the same time that PS5 stock is skyrocketing. Something catastrophic seems to have happened to Xbox production. 

That is a roughly 9:1 gap he is tracking in the US for March NPD. He notes that it's not a demand issue, Series X is very much so still high in demand, it's only Series S that isn't selling well at the current price, but for some reason Xbox just aren't making anywhere near enough Series X stock still. Phil needs to correct this and fast. It's time for the first official price cut on S, and time for Xbox to sign some huge chipset production contracts for Series X. 

Just to follow up on this after what Trunks said (100+, 500+, 1000+) the numbers are like this after 23 days of march.

Xbox Series X/S: Between 6,500 and 29,443 sales
PS5: Over 48,000 sales

Series S = Between 4,300 and 21,457 sales
Series X = Between 2,200 and 7,986 sales

In Feb after 23 days the Xbox Series minimum was 21,600 over triple this months minimum. I mean there is the chance that all those 100+ are actually 499 to get that 29,443 maximum but it's very unlikely.

Series X stock in USA is shameful.

Last edited by Zippy6 - on 21 March 2023

Testing something.

Yup. My timestamp is wrong, Lol.

I thought Zippy was posting from the future.

@Zippy6 is yours wrong too?

Ryuu96 said:

Testing something.

What time stamps do you mean. Your post shows as 4 minutes ago, edited 1 minute ago. If there's a setting for actual times I don't have that on.

Edit: My time is 1 hour out. Shows as 13:38 instead of 12:38 no matter if "Adjust for DST" is ticked on or off.

Last edited by Zippy6 - on 21 March 2023

Zippy6 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Testing something.

What time stamps do you mean. Your post shows as 4 minutes ago, edited 1 minute ago. If there's a setting for actual times I don't have that on.

Edit: My time is 1 hour out. Shows as 13:38 instead of 12:38 no matter if "Adjust for DST" is ticked on or off.

Always something, Lol.

I've told Bandorr.

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:

Like a new studio popping up every week lately...

Not a surprise though, it has been very easy to get funding lately, especially if you're a veteran, I think it was only last year when ProbablyMonster's broke the investor funding record for a gaming studio, the cash is flowing.

shikamaru317 said:

So Blizzard revealed today why the legendaries in Diablo 4 are weaker than those in Diablo 3, turns out that Legendary isn't the highest loot tier. Highest loot tier is called Unique and they only drop at level 50+ on higher world tiers. Uniques have 4 pre-determined affixes and 1 pre-determined unique affix that is only on that exact item, and those affixes will have much higher percentage boosts than Legendary gear, comparable to the boosts granted by Diablo 3 Legendaries (I know I found one Legendary in Diablo 3 that increased damage of a certain skill by a whopping 300%, biggest skill damage increase I saw on a Diablo 4 Legendary in the beta was a 44% boost for comparison, so Uniques should be a substantial upgrade over Legendaries in Diablo 4).

We pretty much know that since almost 2 years tho :) They explained all of this multiple times.

They also said that you will get only "few" uniques per saison. For instance during this weekend beta, I believe one or two players only got that unique from the rare spawn Butcher. I farmed it like crazy and did not get it.

You can probably find on Reddit a screenshot of it if you are curious.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.