By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Baldur's Gate 3 will be GOTY for the hardcore old-school CRPG fans that have been waiting for this game for what will have been 23 years. But it's part of a very niche genre, always has been. It's catering to a very specific crowd. Starfield, while having claims of being a hardcore RPG by Bethesda, is designed for the masses.

Most new players that will pick up BG3 are probably going to hate it because of the style of game that it is. It doesn't translate well to modern gamers as it owns its old school flare. It's going to be a GREAT game! No one that is a fan of Larian or Baldur's Gate is going to deny that. I've enjoyed it since it's been in Early Access. But, the game is going to be a modest commercial success at best due to its nicheness.

Saying Baldur's Gate 3 is somehow a threat to Starfield would be the equivalent of saying Pentiment was a threat to God of War: Ragnarok in November

Around the Network

The only threat to Starfield would be not enough consoles to meet the demand.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:

The only threat to Starfield would be not enough consoles to meet the demand.

Very true, it's Xbox's biggest exclusive in years, likely since something like Halo 3, Lol. They'll need to go all out in marketing, a Bethesda release is an event on its own. PC isn't a worry but since it's next gen/Xbox only, its sales on consoles are limited to how many Xbox's are out there and I doubt many would want to play it on Series S. Xbox will need to push Series X hard.

There's a rumour that Sony's next event is huge and basically kicking off their "Phase 2" of the generation, I don't think it's a stretch that Xbox may be doing the same since they often align, Starfield could kick that "Phase 2" off and be a real showcase for Xbox's current generation, even more so than Halo, likely the start of a steady stream of major AAA releases.

I am sorry that you all have been experiencing performance issues with The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition. I understand how frustrating this can be, and I assure you the team at Private Division is working on getting a patch out as soon as possible. When we have more information about that patch we'll be sure to let folks know.

If you run into any other issues while playing the game, please feel free to submit a support ticket to Private Division. They are the dedicated support for The Outer Worlds, and we're doing our best to funnel all of the information to them, so they can find solutions as quickly as possible.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition Bug Reporting

I'd not blame Obsidian if they were annoyed with Private Division, their handling of this could hurt the IP a little and Obsidian's reputation even though they had nothing to do with it.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

I am sorry that you all have been experiencing performance issues with The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition. I understand how frustrating this can be, and I assure you the team at Private Division is working on getting a patch out as soon as possible. When we have more information about that patch we'll be sure to let folks know.

If you run into any other issues while playing the game, please feel free to submit a support ticket to Private Division. They are the dedicated support for The Outer Worlds, and we're doing our best to funnel all of the information to them, so they can find solutions as quickly as possible.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition Bug Reporting

I'd not blame Obsidian if they were annoyed with Private Division, their handling of this could hurt the IP a little and Obsidian's reputation even though they had nothing to do with it.

That's annoying reading some of the comments still trying to blame Obsidian. I don't think many people realize how much authority over a game a publisher has. I wish Xbox would have just bought back the publishing rights to The Outer Worlds. 

InXile's marketing team is absolutely amazing, I love them parodying every Xbox exclusive.

It's like an InXile Cinematic Universe with those two guys.

They're by far the happiest to be under Xbox, Lol.

Still would love a roundtable between Obsidian, InXile and Bethesda.

Wow, Sony's gone from coming up with excuses to literally begging.......