By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Woah.

Didn't really expect this one.

There is Nvidia's concerns gone.

Around the Network

Nvidia Now Supports the Deal.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 21 February 2023

Microsoft is isolating Sony as the only company who doesn't approve of the deal.

With this move, Nvidia supports the deal which is huge on its own and really kills any Cloud Gaming issues that regulators have with the deal.

Now only Sony and Google remain, at some point, you'd have to ask Sony, if everyone else is signing contracts then why aren't you?

This should mean CMA and ECs only remaining complaints are Console Gaming (CoD Exclusivity).

Ryuu96 said:

Microsoft is isolating Sony as the only company who doesn't approve of the deal.

With this move, Nvidia supports the deal which is huge on its own and really kills any Cloud Gaming issues that regulators have with the deal.

Now only Sony and Google remain, at some point, you'd have to ask Sony, if everyone else is signing contracts then why aren't you?

This should mean CMA and ECs only remaining complaints are Console Gaming (CoD Exclusivity).

Unlikely, the 10-year contracts proposed for CoD weren't deemed as enough by CMA and this deal with Nvidia we don't know the length or terms of may not be either.

I really doubt this changes the CMA's mind much if they werent interested in behavioural remedies.

Zippy6 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Unlikely, the 10-year contracts proposed for CoD weren't deemed as enough by CMA and this deal with Nvidia we don't know the length or terms of may not be either.

I really doubt this changes the CMA's mind much if they werent interested in behavioural remedies.

The difference here though is that with the Console promise, the one who it is being offered to is refusing point blank and saying it isn't good enough.

With the Cloud promise, Microsoft's main competitor and one of the market leaders is accepting the deal and saying it is good enough.

Sure...There is a chance that CMA still sticks to the argument but it is vital information that the main competitor in this issue is saying "yeah, it's fine, we like this and approve of the deal now" and it hurts CMA's argument.

Like CMA originally had concerns about Game Pass/CoD being in Game Pass but it looks like nobody cared about that aspect so they dropped that argument. I don't think they will care enough about the Cloud argument to hold onto it, I think the argument was already on shaky grounds even before today and given that the vast majority of their arguments focus on Console gaming, I think they know that too.

Around the Network

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 21 February 2023

"Activision Blizzard has accused Sony of simply trying to "protect its two-decade dominance in video games", and believes the proposed merger will enhance competition and "create greater opportunities" for workers"

My view is the Nintendo deal, Nvidia deal and this conference is being pushed for one reason. Microsoft are scared the deal won't go through.

I'm not sure how much these deals will actually have an affect at the end of the day but it's very good for optics at least.

So Microsoft also confirms that divestment of CoD will kill the deal.

Lol. Man. Idk about that man. CMA hates Behavioural Remedies.

They better have some fucking amazing Behavioural Remedy for UK, Lol.

It will also be interesting to know how the contract with NVidia is written. As clearly it's to help push this deal forward, but if the deal falls through and they don't get Activision depending on the contract they may still be locked into putting Xbox games on there. That'd be a bit funny.