By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

TGA clearly state on their website that games released by November 18th would be considered for nominations, but nominees were announced on the 14th.

Pentiment and Pokémon Scarlet/Violet received no nominations. I highly doubt they were considered.

It's more like a cover, but it usually means anything releasing close to that won't be nominated which is one of my biggest issues with The Game Awards (besides the Forza Horizon 5 snub). It's not "Game of the Year" but instead "Game of the Past 10 Months" and I will always stand by that I think TGA's should be hosted in February instead of December.

Give us a nice show to kick the year off with, I believe Dice GOTY Awards are held around March and stuff like The Oscars is hosted around March too, I don't know why TGA's is hosted in December aside from maybe it's a better time to get advertisers, which is another issue I have with TGA's, so much damn advertising, Lol.

Yes, Xbox would have had few nominations either way this year but I've no doubt that if these awards were hosted in February instead of December that Scarlet/Violet would have been nominated and even Pentiment judging from reviews deserves a Best Narrative nomination and maybe even Art-Style for how unique it is.

I also think Halo Infinite definitely would have got a nomination last year for at least Best Audio, Best OST and Best Multiplayer (at the time). I still think it deserves a Best Audio/OST and it could still be nominated for this year but when something released in the previous year it runs the risk of reviewers simply not considering it for those reasons.

Also, Best Ongoing is always the same damn 5 titles, how about Forza Horizon 5? Flight Simulator? Sea of Thieves?

As it stands, As Dusk Falls carrying XGS this year with 2 nominations only nomination Bethesda even received was Most Anticipated Game with Starfield lol

Has anyone heard of Immortality? Apparently, it was an Xbox exclusive, and I've never heard of it. It's an interactive film.

On mentioning Best Ongoing Game, I would even throw Age of Empires II: DE in there! It gets at least 2 new expansions every year and players are loving it! Sea of Thieves I would say is the most deserving though.

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

It's more like a cover, but it usually means anything releasing close to that won't be nominated which is one of my biggest issues with The Game Awards (besides the Forza Horizon 5 snub). It's not "Game of the Year" but instead "Game of the Past 10 Months" and I will always stand by that I think TGA's should be hosted in February instead of December.

Give us a nice show to kick the year off with, I believe Dice GOTY Awards are held around March and stuff like The Oscars is hosted around March too, I don't know why TGA's is hosted in December aside from maybe it's a better time to get advertisers, which is another issue I have with TGA's, so much damn advertising, Lol.

Yes, Xbox would have had few nominations either way this year but I've no doubt that if these awards were hosted in February instead of December that Scarlet/Violet would have been nominated and even Pentiment judging from reviews deserves a Best Narrative nomination and maybe even Art-Style for how unique it is.

I also think Halo Infinite definitely would have got a nomination last year for at least Best Audio, Best OST and Best Multiplayer (at the time). I still think it deserves a Best Audio/OST and it could still be nominated for this year but when something released in the previous year it runs the risk of reviewers simply not considering it for those reasons.

Also, Best Ongoing is always the same damn 5 titles, how about Forza Horizon 5? Flight Simulator? Sea of Thieves?

As it stands, As Dusk Falls carrying XGS this year with 2 nominations only nomination Bethesda even received was Most Anticipated Game with Starfield lol

Has anyone heard of Immortality? Apparently, it was an Xbox exclusive, and I've never heard of it. It's an interactive film.

On mentioning Best Ongoing Game, I would even throw Age of Empires II: DE in there! It gets at least 2 new expansions every year and players are loving it! Sea of Thieves I would say is the most deserving though.

Yeah, I've heard of Immortality, it was well received critically and there are quite a few Game Pass day one titles nominated too.

Age II would have been good too, I think Grounded definitely deserves something too, oh well.

Edit - Post 343, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 14 November 2022

I'm the only undecided in the poll. I want to like it, but I'm still not sure about the gameplay. It may be one that I just drink some beer and watch a Let's Play on the tubes.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Was about to say looks like it's staying at 86 but it has actually gone up to 87 on OpenCritic, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 14 November 2022

I have a feeling that Pentiment's nicheness is holding back some higher scores. Reading the 3 mixed reviews on metacritic, they raved about many aspects of the game, but pointing out that it's not for everybody and that seemingly doxed their overall scores.

This was one of the mixed reviews, "Pentiment is a graphic adventure like no other. We love the medieval setting and writing, but it is slow paced and not every player will enjoy its simple mechanics based on dialogues." Those initial points should've been it because that's what's most important, but the latter half brought down their score to a 73.

Got post 343 and levelled up to Spartan in the same day. 

The universe is showing my bias. ?