By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Do the announced changes at Halo Studios (prev. 343 Industries) have you optimistic for the future of the franchise?

Yes 0 0%

No 0 0%

Still need convincing (sp... 0 0%

Total:0

2022 – Game of the Year

It ain't many but it's cool to see Pentiment with 4 GOTY wins, joint #4 with Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Horizon Forbidden West.

Around the Network

This is funny, a bunch of gamers were trying to listen in which caused technical issues, Lol.

Microsoft's counsel apparently responded to say that the reviews in the UK/EU will hopefully resolve soon, possibly with remedies and then they can begin discussions with the FTC. It sounds as if Microsoft believes that EU/CMA will approve the deal with remedies (though they believed FTC would as well, Lol).

I don't think Microsoft will have any serious talks with FTC until CMA/EC make their decisions, once that happens I think they'll go to FTC and propose to them the same remedies that CMA/EC have accepted and if they don't accept them then they either wait it out or find a way to call FTCs bluff and force them to sue to block.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 03 January 2023

What kind of remedies could possibly be agreed on?

gtotheunit91 said:

What kind of remedies could possibly be agreed on?

Imo. None, Lol.

Lina is on record as being against most remedies, Brad Smith said that the FTC didn't allow their staff to discuss remedies with Microsoft, the remedies they've offered FTC will be exactly the same as the ones they've offered EC/CMA.

I don't think FTC will drop their case, the internal court date is August for a reason, it's beyond the merger date, maybe they won't take them to federal court but I fully expect them to try to stick to that August internal court date and likely attempt shit to delay that as long as possible too, they want to force Microsoft to have to re-negotiate the merger agreement with Activision, which increases the breakup fee and only takes one party to back out.

Microsoft has the option of waiting until 2024 to close the deal and going along with FTC's ridiculousness or figure a way to call FTC's bluff and try to force them to take them to federal court, likely by attempting to close the deal without FTC's approval or waiting for Axon vs FTC to be decided by the supreme court which would allow Microsoft to force FTC to federal court.

Maybe that will be when FTC drops their case, I don't know, I honestly can't call them.

Around the Network

Odd that we didn't get no Game Pass drop today (we did last year).

Ugh, I wish Xbox would announce a date for this supposed event already! If it's anything like Sony or Nintendo, it'll get announced the week of lol

No Game Pass drop because they're saving them for the event.

January confirmed!

This is what happens with Nintendo Directs, Lol.

Joe is also relatively new, changes coming to Xbox Wire.

Ryuu96 said:

No Game Pass drop because they're saving them for the event.

January confirmed!

This is what happens with Nintendo Directs, Lol.

Nintendo still needs to announce which N64 game is coming to the Expansion Pack! Goldeneye incoming!! Will be announced at the event