By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
G2ThaUNiT said:

Around the Network

Ryuu96 said:
firebush03 said:

it’s funny that Microsoft refuses to announce Spyro 4 lol.

Toys for Bob are either working on Spyro or Crash, that much is obvious, but it's likely too early to announce.

(it’s not Crash. Pretty sure it was recently announced that Crash 5 was cancelled in late-stage development.) they should announce Spyro 4 right now. Like how Nintendo announced MP4 in 2017, announced that they had restarted development in January 2019, and then stayed silent for over half a decade. But instead of doing this, they should just release the game regardless of how finished it is. Then they should do this every year, with Spyro 5, Spyro 6, Spyro 7, and then reboot with The Legend of Spyro: Breath of the Fire.

firebush03 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Toys for Bob are either working on Spyro or Crash, that much is obvious, but it's likely too early to announce.

(it’s not Crash. Pretty sure it was recently announced that Crash 5 was cancelled in late-stage development.) they should announce Spyro 4 right now. Like how Nintendo announced MP4 in 2017, announced that they had restarted development in January 2019, and then stayed silent for over half a decade. But instead of doing this, they should just release the game regardless of how finished it is. Then they should do this every year, with Spyro 5, Spyro 6, Spyro 7, and then reboot with The Legend of Spyro: Breath of the Fire.

It was announced by a former employee of TfB that Crash 4 was cancelled years ago, before MS even acquired ABK, now they made a new deal with TFB so it isn't impossible that it's Crash, although I would say it's more likely to be Spyro.

firebush03 said:
Ryuu96 said:

They were developing Crash 5 at some point and it was cancelled is all we know. Doesn't mean the game they have chosen to make after going independent isn't a Crash game. They could have cancelled that version of Crash 5 all the way back in 2021 for all we know, and then started a new crash 5 project in 2024.

The teaser image on the toys for bob site is a tiki mask, and if that doesn't scream crash bandicoot then I don't know what does.

toysforbob.com

But frankly I would prefer they try a Spyro 4.

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:
firebush03 said:

They were developing Crash 5 at some point and it was cancelled is all we know. Doesn't mean the game they have chosen to make after going independent isn't a Crash game. They could have cancelled that version of Crash 5 all the way back in 2021 for all we know, and then started a new crash 5 project in 2024.

The teaser image on the toys for bob site is a tiki mask, and if that doesn't scream crash bandicoot then I don't know what does.

toysforbob.com

But frankly I would prefer they try a Spyro 4.

Actually, I forgot about that Tiki Mask.

Now I think it's more likely to be Crash

I think Crash is the bigger seller too.

I don't think they'll be a legal issue in using the name "Albion" as it's just the old name for England but it's funny he didn't even bother checking, especially as it has potential to cause market place confusion with the other game that heavily uses Albion and he's banging on about being the "Creator of Fable" and talking about Fable every chance he gets in marketing the game.

But stuff like this: "Peter Molyneux explains how his new game is set in the same world as Fable" and comments like this "Molyneux later said that while he thought his new game would be an interesting expansion on the universe" are flying a bit close to the sun and I feel are him trying to be misleading because while AC III and COD are both set in America, you wouldn't say they were set in the same world as each other or "an expansion on the universe"

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 21 August 2024

Ryuu96 said:

Brooo. I thought he would have got permission from MS to use the fable IP, or failing that there be some weird legal loophole where Peter Molyneux retained some rights to the Fable IP.

But the madman just went ahead and did it.

The trailer says "The familiar vast world of Albion", familiar because we've been there before. It's the Fable universe lol.