By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

If PS is up 25% and Xbox up 48% then I wonder what a next gen COD would have done. Especially Black Ops 6...COD 2025 is probably going to be another mid one, but Black Ops 6 looks like it's going to be the best COD in some time.

What could have been, would have been a fun month for NPD. It's not too late to cancel the last gen ports

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 21 August 2024

Around the Network

Xbox Series X beat Xbox Series S for the month.

Similar YoY unit growth rates.

Record July for Xbox Series.

it’s funny that Microsoft refuses to announce Spyro 4 lol. On the note of Indiana Jones, however,…not sure what Microsoft is thinking here. The game was inevitably going to be moved to multi-platform seeing how Disney “grabbed Sony by-the-throat” with SM2 (demanding x-number of copies be sold), though I think this announcement maybe should’ve been saved for *after* the XBSX/PC launch. If you already own a gaming PC or PS5, there is no reason to pick up an XBSX anymore if you are interested in playing Indiana Jones soon. Just another on the lengthy list of out-of-touch decisions from Microsoft heads.

firebush03 said:

it’s funny that Microsoft refuses to announce Spyro 4 lol.

Toys for Bob are either working on Spyro or Crash, that much is obvious, but it's likely too early to announce.

Around the Network

Stalker 2 on Xbox stream right now.

Ryuu96 said:

If PS is up 25% and Xbox up 48% then I wonder what a next gen COD would have done. Especially Black Ops 6...COD 2025 is probably going to be another mid one, but Black Ops 6 looks like it's going to be the best COD in some time.

What could have been, would have been a fun month for NPD. It's not too late to cancel the last gen ports

What third party games have caused massive hardware bumps this gen? It feels like it hasn't really happened, maybe due to stock problems earlier. Last-gen I remember both Watch Dogs and the first Destiny giving big boosts to console sales.

Though maybe it's also because this site doesn't give weekly sales anymore so it's less obvious lol.

Stalker 2 only has a 60fps mode, and it looks great.

Zippy6 said:

Stalker 2 only has a 60fps mode, and it looks great.

Legit surprised. UE is notoriously terrible at open world games (which Stalker 2 has a massive world) and UE5 has been insanely taxing, especially on consoles. So the fact that this massive game only has a 60fps mode is beyond impressive. Especially given the circumstances the developers have been under. 

Can't wait for this release!

Zippy6 said:
Ryuu96 said:

What third party games have caused massive hardware bumps this gen? It feels like it hasn't really happened, maybe due to stock problems earlier. Last-gen I remember both Watch Dogs and the first Destiny giving big boosts to console sales.

Though maybe it's also because this site doesn't give weekly sales anymore so it's less obvious lol.

The issue is they're clinging onto last gen, College Football 25 is next gen only and provided a large bump to Xbox and PlayStation but things like COD, Fifa, Madden, etc, are still desperately clinging onto last gen, Lol. Those are the titles which could provide similar large bumps...Black Ops 6 would have been a huge bump in forcing people into next gen.

GTA 6 will be the massive one.