By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Waiting for Cygni in the mail. I'm in dark mode meaning not reading reviews or anything.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

ROFL intro movie of Cygni has a PC Engine sitting around. That was a great system for shooters.

Wow this is a bad shmup. Sad to say. Shallow as hell and the screen is noise. Backgrounds are too dark to see ground enemies. A lot of bullets just blend with everything else. It's just too much and too little at once. Makes me really appreciate DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou Dynasty which it also has a lot on screen but everything is easily identifiable. Enemies are just sponges. Like nothing about this feels like a good shmup.

Last edited by Leynos - on 06 August 2024

Around the Network
Leynos said:

Wow this is a bad shmup. Sad to say. Shallow as hell and the screen is noise. Backgrounds are too dark to see ground enemies. A lot of bullets just blend with everything else. It's just too much and too little at once. Makes me really appreciate DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou Dynasty which it also has a lot on screen but everything is easily identifiable. Enemies are just sponges. Like nothing about this feels like a good shmup.

Agreed. It definitely has an identity crisis lol. Pretty to look at for sure, but I was expecting something a lot deeper. You’ll beat the “story” in less than 2 hours too lol.

Just throwing enemies at you just for the sake of throwing enemies at you and they’re all recycled every mission. Nothing about each mission feels like you’re making any sort of advancement. It’s just more of the same. All those explosions make it difficult to avoid getting hit too lol. It plays more like a twin stick shooter than a shmup.

I kind of like COD MWIII zombies, I am tired of the rounds zombie style from the past so this open world design works but sadly it is way to hard to play it alone.

-Only bought Sword of the Vagrant this week..

I caved on Flintlock and didn't wait for a price drop.  I know its going to have issues but I don't mind.  Probably won't be touching either one of these for over a year.  Sea of Stars has been in and out of stock over the last month and I always seem to miss my chance at buying it.  It was just now back in stock and I wasn't going to miss out again.  

Game is looking to be a resounding success! I really enjoyed the first game, but they're turning it up to 11 for this one. I was bummed when Tim Willits left id Software to help run Saber Interactive, but this being the first game under his leadership looks to be a homerun!

G2ThaUNiT said:

Game is looking to be a resounding success! I really enjoyed the first game, but they're turning it up to 11 for this one. I was bummed when Tim Willits left id Software to help run Saber Interactive, but this being the first game under his leadership looks to be a homerun!

So hyped for this!