By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Do the announced changes at Halo Studios (prev. 343 Industries) have you optimistic for the future of the franchise?

Yes 2 100.00%

No 0 0%

Still need convincing (sp... 0 0%

Total:2

Sea Of Thieves has topped the pre-order rankings in many parts of the world.

Good for Microsoft's results, worrying for the console in my opinion...

Around the Network
NightF0x73 said:

Sea Of Thieves has topped the pre-order rankings in many parts of the world.

Good for Microsoft's results, worrying for the console in my opinion...

Doesn't really mean much, the PS pre-order chart is volatile, Skull & Bones and Suicide Squad also hit #1.

Having said that, I'm very confident Sea of Thieves will do great on PS, I'm not sure why anyone would think otherwise, Sea of Thieves is a great title with no direct competition which has sold millions on both Xbox and Steam and is still popular today, it will do well and it will be good for Sea of Thieves and its community, as a live service it deserves to reach the biggest audience possible.

Consoles already confirmed, if you're going to be a wreck with nerves for every Xbox title that releases on PS/Switch (and they'll be more than the 4) then just get a PlayStation or move to PC, Lol. I'm sticking with Xbox as long as they continue to make consoles for various reasons I've already gotten into but I'm tired of these conversations so do whatever you want and you'll be happier, Lol.

Feel like we'll have the same draining conversations every month otherwise.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 10 March 2024

I will buy the next Xbox console, with no doubt.

But I'm just afraid of one thing.

Third party publishers like Capcom or another to give up on Xbox and stop release games on it.

That's my only concern. I'll be glad that SoT doing great, it deserve it and that made us more game on GamePass for us Xbox users hehe.

NightF0x73 said:

I will buy the next Xbox console, with no doubt.

But I'm just afraid of one thing.

Third party publishers like Capcom or another to give up on Xbox and stop release games on it.

That's my only concern. I'll be glad that SoT doing great, it deserve it and that made us more game on GamePass for us Xbox users hehe.

At this rate, Microsoft might buy em, Lol.

Jk...But seriously, I don't think we'll ever lose support from the big western guys, like EA, Ubisoft, Take-Two, etc. Then Microsoft owns Activision-Blizzard, Zenimax and a number in XGS, Sega has some sort of partnership with Xbox, despite the recent moves, I don't think Xbox's Japanese support is getting any worse, if anything there are indications that Japanese developers will support it more.

As for 10 years from now? Who knows, I can't predict that far into the future, none of us can.

Around the Network

Do you think this could work for Game Pass, I've been thinking about how I'd change it recently if I had the financial ability to kill Xbox Live, Lol.

Game Pass Lite

• Rebranding of "Game Pass Core" to "Game Pass Lite"
  • Xbox Live Removed - Multiplayer Now Free
  • No 3rd Parties
  • 1st Parties Only - 12 Months After Release
  • Stick it on Steam.

Game Pass Regular

• Merge Game Pass Console and Game Pass PC into one.
  • 1st Parties on Launch + 3rd Parties.

Game Pass Ultimate

• All The Benefits of Regular
  • Additional Benefits: EA Access, xCloud, 1st Party DLC.

Question: Would the added benefits of 1st Party DLC for Ultimate, along with EA Access and xCloud, be enough to convince you to stick to Ultimate if Xbox Live no longer existed? Would Game Pass Lite be bigger or smaller than it is right now, without the addition of Xbox Live, but with all 1st Parties (12 Months After Release) and it being available on Steam?

I've been thinking lately that I really don't like how there's Game Pass Xbox and Game Pass PC, I think it would be better streamlined, like we don't have TV Subscription services separated by device, they're just one sub, I also don't think merging them both would hurt Xbox's bottom line much either, it'd be so much clearer and also Xbox Live makes things too awkward but I get it's harder to get rid of that.

Ryuu96 said:

Do you think this could work for Game Pass, I've been thinking about how I'd change it recently if I had the financial ability to kill Xbox Live, Lol.

Game Pass Lite

• Rebranding of "Game Pass Core" to "Game Pass Lite"
  • Xbox Live Removed - Multiplayer Now Free
  • No 3rd Parties
  • 1st Parties Only - 12 Months After Release
  • Stick it on Steam.

Game Pass Regular

• Merge Game Pass Console and Game Pass PC into one.
  • 1st Parties on Launch + 3rd Parties.

Game Pass Ultimate

• All The Benefits of Regular
  • Additional Benefits: EA Access, xCloud, 1st Party DLC.

Question: Would the added benefits of 1st Party DLC for Ultimate, along with EA Access and xCloud, be enough to convince you to stick to Ultimate if Xbox Live no longer existed? Would Game Pass Lite be bigger or smaller than it is right now, without the addition of Xbox Live, but with all 1st Parties (12 Months After Release) and it being available on Steam?

I've been thinking lately that I really don't like how there's Game Pass Xbox and Game Pass PC, I think it would be better streamlined, like we don't have TV Subscription services separated by device, they're just one sub, I also don't think merging them both would hurt Xbox's bottom line much either, it'd be so much clearer and also Xbox Live makes things too awkward but I get it's harder to get rid of that.

The idea is great but I think that 1st Parties after 6months instead of 12 is better because if you just have access to the 1st party, the catalog will be quickly "dry"

Ryuu96 said:

It's crazy how PC is back when in 2000's and 2010's it war pretty niche.

Legit, I'm close to putting a personal ban on myself to not post ANY insider if I see one more clout chasing "insider" in the future, Mr "NobodyKnowsWhoTheFuckIWasUntilNow69" claiming to have insider knowledge but is just throwing shit to the wall so when something eventually happens they can claim they were right, or they get 1/20 things right and use that as their defence.

The insider culture in videogames is terrible, Lol. There's no critical thinking on gamers part and practically everyone is an insider now, I'll see people lose their fucking minds over seeing "MrPoopieButthead52" with 10 followers posting a "leak" about something or believing everything they say cause oh don't worry, they said they have a source.