By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I do think that since they have 3 major publishers now, it's just not financially feasible for everything to be exclusive but they could get away with that with Minecraft and COD, I'm not sure gamers will accept that Sea of Thieves going multiplatform doesn't mean that -this game- won't in the future. God this is going to be so hard to communicate, Lol.

I also think developers won't accept it either, they are going to ask: "If he's multiplatform then why can't I be too?" Zenimax was already asking that in regards to Activision-Blizzard, Lol.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

I do think that since they have 3 major publishers now, it's just not financially feasible for everything to be exclusive but they could get away with that with Minecraft and COD, I'm not sure gamers will accept that Sea of Thieves going multiplatform doesn't mean that -this game- won't in the future. God this is going to be so hard to communicate, Lol.

I also think developers won't accept it either, they are going to ask: "If he's multiplatform then why can't I be too?" Zenimax was already asking that in regards to Activision-Blizzard, Lol.

Matt Booty now that he's managing all the studios:

Ryuu96 said:

It's maybe that all those "Microsoft were considering" rumours were junk and the vast majority of ports will be games which.

• Are no longer moving consoles.
  • Underperformed
  • Are GAAS.

Sea of Thieves fits #3 and that is one which is almost confirmed.

Hi-Fi Rush fits #1 and that is all but confirmed.

But shit like Gears of War/Starfield are all "considering" and never stated as actually coming.

I think one of the 2 additional games that Nate is talking about is Grounded, it makes the most sense, it could do with an extra player boost.

The other...Maybe Flight Simulator?

It is sounding like it will be a case by case basis. Though I would think they need to say something like "Other than ABK games, GaaS focused games, and already multiplatform IPs (Minecraft), all games will launch FIRST on Xbox/PC/Game Pass and be exclusive to those platforms for at least X time."

I also think IPs Xbox is known for should remain off PlayStation and Nintendo. Ie. Halo, Gears, Forza, and Fable.

It is funny how people are acting like Microsoft is gonna release ALL Xbox exclusives on PlayStation and Nintendo platforms day one and just kill of Xbox hardware. But in reality it is more likely they will be release some games on PlayStation and Nintendo and only sometime after they launch. Other than obvious stuff like Call of Duty, Minecraft spin-offs, GaaS games that will launch on everything day one.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

These rumours.

Around the Network

Cba to replace meats with exclusives.

Maybe...

• Activision Blizzard - Everything multiplatform.
  • Zenimax - Mostly timed exclusives with a mix of day one multiplatform.
  • XGS - Timed exclusive for smaller titles/GAAS, everything else exclusive.

AB quite frankly doesn't release much and what they do release are massive games which are built by thousands of employees and tend to focus on needing large communities, a lot of their titles would make zero sense being exclusive (like COD, Diablo, Overwatch, etc.)

Zenimax...They might used timed exclusivity for some projects, such as new IPs, the smaller IPs will probably come first, maybe sequels to multiplatform titles (I.E. Wolfenstein) will be day one multiplatform.

XGS - Keep the AAA singleplayer only titles exclusive, make Xbox the home of WRPGs, but allow GAAS which need a new boost of players or smaller titles to eventually go multiplatform.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 06 February 2024

But but but, MS is supposed to be removing the game from the competition or so we heard.
MS is supposed to be an evil entity incompatible with prosumers move like this, or so we heard.
XD

"The line hasn't been drawn internally though on what games will be exclusive and what games won't be yet, leading to many articles of what Microsoft is internally considering"

Honestly if they removed Starfield they could probably make the line "GAAS and Smaller Titles" Lol.