By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Why not try to fill in some roles in their other studios instead of laying off a complete team? Is it so easy in the US to fire people or are these external employees?

Around the Network
PixelPirate said:

Why not try to fill in some roles in their other studios instead of laying off a complete team? Is it so easy in the US to fire people or are these external employees?

Yes.

PixelPirate said:

Depends on state laws. Texas is a “at-will” state meaning an employer can fire an employee at any time for a lawful reason. Lawful reason could be completely stupid too and undefined.

JEZ:
Microsoft has also shut down departments dedicated to bringing Xbox games to physical retail ... which if you've seen the digital-only Xbox console leaks ... well, you can get an idea of where Microsoft is going here.

Me: Well mentioned it in a few posts this week, I expected COD to get no physical release anymore.

Around the Network

At this point, might as well just partner with LRG for all future Xbox releases...Give LRG a better cut and let them handle all of it, still gives people the option, does look like Xbox is going all digital now though, not sure I expect Hellblade II or Indiana Jones to get a physical release.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 25 January 2024

Ryuu96 said:

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Outsourcing isn't redundancies either, it's cheap cost cutting, all for the never ending chase after "growth"

I don't really understand why Xbox always wants to be the first in making controversial decisions, such as going all digital and 'always online'. Let someone else (Sony) take the heat for a change.

🙄 Sigh Jez.

Implies one thing then immediately changes his tune, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 25 January 2024