By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Angelus said:

Is it weird that I just do not care about this stuff? Like, as long as I keep getting great GamePass content, MS can put games wherever for all I care

Definitely not weird, I'm close to the same mind as you, Game Pass has honestly been one of the best things I've had in gaming, Lol.

As I grow older, I care less about the console itself and I just want to play great games. Sure, if Xbox stopped making consoles I'd feel a little sad due to memories but I still had all those great memories and then I'll simply make a quick move to PC still with my Xbox profile, Lol. I do think it would be "dangerous" for Sony to have that much power on the market though.

At this point, I'm only with Xbox due to convenience and because I'm scared of Windows Store issues I'm also a bit wary about the whole PC building, upgrading, all those settings and stuff, Lol. So I'll keep buying Xbox consoles as long as Microsoft keeps making them. But ultimately I'm a happy fella as long as my gaming belly is being fed and Microsoft keeps making games, keeps pumping content into Game Pass.

I'm incredibly excited by a lot of their upcoming games, doesn't change anything to me where they release and I fucking love Game Pass.

Around the Network

I just hate this mixed messaging from Xbox, they need to come out and clear this up and say what their future plans are.

Lmao. Someone mentioned it in the ResetEra thread that the Xbox Subreddit has taken this news a lot more maturely than them so I had to see for myself because Reddit is usually toxic as fuck, Lol. The ResetEra thread has been full-on meltdown mode for the past few days but the Xbox Subreddit is surprisingly tame. Maybe I should go back to browsing Reddit for news.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 08 January 2024

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 08 January 2024

Around the Network

Obsidian Entertainment's Josh Sawyer kicked off the discussion on social media, when he attributed the death of isometric RPGs to the influence that retailers had on the games industry in the early 2000s. Essentially, Sawyer's point is that retailers would create self-fulfilling prophecies and lower stocks for games in certain genres, thus leading to a lack of sales, rather than the reverse.

"BioWare made Baldur's Gate, which sold well, and [Baldur's Gate 2] sold very well. Black Isle made Icewind Dale, which also sold well, but after BioWare announced Neverwinter Nights, retailers decided that 2D iso games were dead," Sawyer recalls. "Temple of Elemental Evil was the last for a long time."

Sawyer claims that he'd often hear sales representatives "declare a genre/style/look was dead with zero supporting data," leading to reduced stocks in said genre, obviously leading to lower sales. "Truly vibes-based forecasting, which resulted in self-fulfilling prophecies," Sawyer continues.

Obsidian and BioWare veterans explain how retailers killed the isometric RPG: "Truly vibes-based forecasting" | GamesRadar+

She was previously a distinguished technical fellow and a chief architect at Unity. Tatarchuk also spent nearly eight years at Bungie, where she led teams working on Destiny and Halo.

Tech Moves: Activision names new CTO; HP exec leaves F5 board; Athira medical chief departs – GeekWire