By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Massive launch with Starfield, biggest launch in Forza Motorsport history, ABK deal finally closing, Killer Instinct next-gen update on the horizon, and hopefully a surprise or two in a couple of hours at the partner showcase. Xbox finishing 2023 off insanely strong and 2024 is looking as stacked as ever.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, to our knowledge Xbox never actually made that lowball offer to Larian, that document that came out from the ABK court case with estimated amounts of money to get Games that Xbox wanted to see on Gamepass, onto Gamepass, was just that, estimates. We have no clue if Xbox actually offered that lowball amount, or if they increased their offer before making it to Larian, or if they even made a day one Gamepass offer to Larian at all.

Considering the document was years old, before anyone, even Larian themselves, had the slightest inkling of how popular BG3 would become on launch, it's a safe bet that Xbox would have offered alot more in 2023 to get it onto Gamepass. Like I said above, it would certainly be one of the top 5 most expensive 3rd party Gamepass deals in 2023, possibly even the most expensive (only the GTA 5 deal from earlier this year stands a chance of being more expensive imo).

Gonna make it short but Divinity Original sin didn't do bad metacritic and sales wise but Divinity Original Sin 2 did amazing metacritic wise and sales wise did very well...

@Ryuu96: Your link does not help because second run in many professions is seen as something negative especially when your link talks about movies, Second run movies were movies whoes medium of showing got damaged during the first run and were shown as a second run movie for less $ but I got your point.

gtotheunit91 said:

Massive launch with Starfield, biggest launch in Forza Motorsport history, ABK deal finally closing, Killer Instinct next-gen update on the horizon, and hopefully a surprise or two in a couple of hours at the partner showcase. Xbox finishing 2023 off insanely strong and 2024 is looking as stacked as ever.

You forgot about the 1st party Modern Warfare 3!

Also Blizzcon soon...

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

How naive of me

And just to throw in, Halo Infinite seeing a great resurgence with Season 5 and no showing of slowing down with Firefight launching in a month. Forza Horizon 5, Age of Empires, and Sea of Thieves keep trucking along. Things are looking fantastic going into the holiday season! 

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

How naive of me

And just to throw in, Halo Infinite seeing a great resurgence with Season 5 and no showing of slowing down with Firefight launching in a month. Forza Horizon 5, Age of Empires, and Sea of Thieves keep trucking along. Things are looking fantastic going into the holiday season! 

I think Sea of Thieves private servers in December will cause a noticeable bump to it as well.

Almost forgot about this too

If they haven't already planned it then I think Phil should absolutely do the opening keynote for Blizzcon as well.

Give the fans some hope of change, gamers like Phil way more than anyone at Blizzard RN.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 25 October 2023

When will they add the House expansion to Grounded...

It seems so obvious but they don't seem to have any plans for it, I think it would be cool and it could be opened up in stages, first the hallway/kitchen and then the living room, basement and finally upstairs areas.

I suppose their concern may be how many bugs can you have in the house, unless it's a house which isn't lived in then it shouldn't be full with bugs unless the owner is @Spade but then, just say the house isn't occupied, Lol.

Ryuu96 said:

If they haven't already planned it then I think Phil should absolutely do the opening keynote for Blizzcon as well.

Give the fans some hope of change, gamers like Phil way more than anyone at Blizzard RN.

Definitely! The last several Blizzcon's, 2 out of the last 4 being cancelled, had major duds of PR. Most notably J. Allen Brack's practically non-apology during the opening keynote and Diablo Immortal's "do you guys not have phones?" Phil can bring a lot of excitement and hope that change is coming. 

He can even do a few teases of IPs like StarCraft making a return or even HotS if that recent update means anything. 

Phil has the potential to get MAJOR points with Blizzard fans this Blizzcon.