By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What other games does Paradox mean because they don't own Shadowrun or Battletech. IIRC the game rights are Microsoft's and they licensed them out to Jordan Weisman specifically, not Paradox. Paradox even said they don't want to do another (I think they said Battletech or Shadowrun) sequel because they don't own the IP.

If Jordan still works at Harebrained Schemes then Microsoft should acquire them, or at least publish their titles. They're basically FASA, Jordan Weisman helped create Battletech, Shadowrun and Crimson Skies. The Shadowrun titles under Harebrained all scored well too, Dragonfall is 83 on OpenCritic and Hong Kong is 82. Battletech is an 80 on Opencritic.

The Lamplighters League is 71 but apparently it's a technical mess so that will be dragging the score down, you can blame Paradox for rushing them (possibly) and give them the benefit of the doubt. I'd not be surprised if Paradox is also offloading them because Harebrained wants to work on Shadowrun/Battletech stuff, etc. But Paradox doesn't want to work on IPs they don't own.

They'd be cheap as hell too, Idk...Feels like a decent acquisition target for Microsoft.

Around the Network

I downloaded the update so fast their was no on to play except for bot bootcamp.

To add on, they're consistently a 70-80 studio, which is fairly good, they could be better with Microsoft's support and it will be an opportunity to sort the damn rights out for FASA IP and bring them back under one roof, with Jordan Weisman back in control of FASA's IPs and free range to choose from Battletech, Shadowrun, Crimson Skies, etc.

And Phil keeps banging on about reviving certain FASA IP (MechAssault is part of the Battletech IP).

The only thing left to bring in-house would be MechWarrior, also part of the Battletech IP (Christ these rights are a mess).

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 17 October 2023

Around the Network

In the latest issue of Edge Magazine, original Halo developers, including Alex Seropian and Chris Butcher, spoke about the challenges of making the first game - which was initially planned as a Mac-exclusive shooter. The key developers of the game explained that Halo: Combat Evolved - as we know it now - only came together in the final year before its ambitious launch date alongside the 2001 release of the Xbox, and many sacrifices had to be made to make it happen.

"We canceled [other] projects, we combined three teams together, we compromised on scope, [and] we shipped at least one level that we probably shouldn't have."

In the Edge feature, Seropian stated that eight months before the release, Bungie only had the "idea of a game" for Halo and that it only had the broader features and mechanics nailed down - all without a broader vision that pinned them together

"Four weeks before ship, [designer] John Howard decides we're cutting the tank, because it's not ready," stated Chris Butcher, lead programmer on Halo: Combat Evolved. "The designer Paul Bertone was basically like 'fuck that, I'm not gonna listen to you, John - without the tank, this game sucks'.

Original Halo devs reveal how much had to be sacrificed to create the iconic shooter: "We shipped at least one level we shouldn't have" | GamesRadar+

They must be talking about The Library but Two Betrayals should have been cut too, fucking awful level, Lol. The entire back half of CE is pretty bad, now this explains why the whole back off is just an annoying backtrack. We go from awesome level design in the first half then get whiplashed by awful level design in the 2nd half.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 17 October 2023

Xbox's Phil Spencer Joins Us! - Kinda Funny Gamescast Ep. 81 - YouTube

Phil at 22:06 saying he would like to see a Rare Replay-like collection for FASA IP along with high praise for Jordan Weisman.

Get Harebrained to make a FASA Replay.

Ryuu96 said:

Xbox's Phil Spencer Joins Us! - Kinda Funny Gamescast Ep. 81 - YouTube

Phil at 22:06 saying he would like to see a Rare Replay-like collection for FASA IP along with high praise for Jordan Weisman.

Get Harebrained to make a FASA Replay.

Okay, that's too perfect of timing to be coincidence

smroadkill15 said:

I'm waiting for the next big update and some slow game releases before I try it again. Too many great games to play right now to waste time on something that needs more fixes. I am happy they aren't giving up on it yet.  

Yeah there's plenty of great games to choose from but idk, a laid-back fun shooter like Redfall works well after being heavily invested in Starfield :P hit the spot from me while waiting for Alan Wake II.