By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

If they expect Sony to launch PS6 around 2026, I think it would be unwise to wait until 2027 or 2028 to launch the next Xbox console

Around the Network

Lmao.

I really don't think this means much, as companies practically discuss about acquiring everyone and of course Microsoft would love if they got Nintendo but it's still a funny conversation to see. It can only happen if Nintendo wanted to sell and they don't so it's just a funny fantasy but it seems Microsoft may be interested in purchasing stock in Nintendo?

Also they were considering WBIE and Zenimax at the same time, as in, acquiring them both, Lol.

Not Phil saying that Nintendo's future exists off of their hardware! No fucking way, Lol. Nintendo's got the most interesting hardware. So much so that Xbox is basically planning an Xbox Switch according to these documents, Lmao. Also it's irrelevant, regulators would block a merger within a week of it being announced, all they could do is stock purchases up to a certain point.

Yeah, this document is crazy outdated, it pre-dates Microsoft even acquiring Zenimax so plans could have changed under Microsoft as well.

I'm honestly confused as hell what Zenimax is saying here, a Fallout in FY21 and then another in FY22? Then another in FY24? Are we talking about new Fallout releases here because I'm fairly sure that would be impossible and whoever made that line-up was smoking something, Lmao. They wanted Elder Scrolls 3 years after Starfield.

Ryuu96 said:

Lmao.

I really don't think this means much, as companies practically discuss about acquiring everyone and of course Microsoft would love if they got Nintendo but it's still a funny conversation to see. It can only happen if Nintendo wanted to sell and they don't so it's just a funny fantasy but it seems Microsoft may be interested in purchasing stock in Nintendo?

Also they were considering WBIE and Zenimax at the same time, as in, acquiring them both, Lol.

Not Phil saying that Nintendo's future exists off of their hardware! No fucking way, Lol. Nintendo's got the most interesting hardware. So much so that Xbox is basically planning an Xbox Switch according to these documents, Lmao. Also it's irrelevant, regulators would block a merger within a week of it being announced, all they could do is stock purchases up to a certain point.

In the context of where Microsoft is trying to position itself in gaming going forward his comments about Nintendo make sense I think. There is no reason nintendo games can’t run on iOS and android devices, and combined with PC the potential for exponential software sales growth is there. 

it is worth noting that MS gaming yearly revenue intake is larger than Nintendo’s as a whole company despite having small fraction of the console marketshare that Nintendo has . The idea that Nintendo is leaving money on the table is not completely outlandish 

Around the Network

Feels ambitious, ABK will "only" get them $23bn-$24bn.

Suppose when XGS and Zenimax are firing on all cylinders we could add another few billion but ABK is $8bn and they're the biggest publisher on the planet so that's the ceiling for XGS and Zenimax, Lol. Lets say they added another few billion though to $26bn - $27bn.

Idk man...Gaming is currently about $16bn IIRC and ABK brings it to $23bn-$24bn but they'd have to add $12bn-$13bn in 7 years.

I just can't see that happening...

"FTC uploaded the docs it seems but they were supplied by MS / parties. FTC were meant to redact all the things and they failed to do so"

The PDF says "(redacted)" in the file name and "Highly Confidential" on the top of the first page. None of the attachments are redacted. The FTC compiled the PDF, says so on the first page "FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION In the Matter of: MICROSOFT/ACTIVISION"

18 U.S.C. § 1905, Trade Secrets Act

This statute provides criminal penalties for unauthorized disclosure of trade secrets or confidential business information by any government employee or agent of DOJ within the meaning of the Antitrust Civil Process Act, who comes into possession or gains knowledge of such information during the course of his or her employment or official duties. Said penalties include a fine of not more than $1,000, one year's imprisonment or both, and removal from employment.

checks calendar, not April 1st

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Ryuu96 said:

Suppose when XGS and Zenimax are firing on all cylinders we could add another few billion but ABK is $8bn and they're the biggest publisher on the planet so that's the ceiling for XGS and Zenimax, Lol. Lets say they added another few billion though to $26bn - $27bn.

Idk man...Gaming is currently about $16bn IIRC and ABK brings it to $23bn-$24bn but they'd have to add $12bn-$13bn in 7 years.

Unless this projection is explicitly in 2022 USD then they just need 3.3% yearly growth from 24B if inflation settles around 2.5%. That would be more plausible.

haxxiy said:
Ryuu96 said:

Unless this projection is explicitly in 2022 USD then they just need 3.3% yearly growth from 24B if inflation settles around 2.5%. That would be more plausible.

Didn't consider that aspect, Lol.