By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 20 July 2023

Around the Network

During Ubisoft's latest investor briefing this week, CEO Yves Guillemot was asked for his thoughts around Microsoft's deal to buy Activision Blizzard, and he's a fan. He said the deal helps show how valuable IP is. Not only that, but Guillemot said Microsoft looking to buy Activision Blizzard in part for its mobile game business with King and Candy Crush helps to validate Ubisoft's own investments in the mobile market.

"I think it's good news that the transaction can go through because it really shows the power of IPs, and where the industry is going. So there will be lots of opportunities in the future for all the companies," he said. "It also shows the value of IPs that can be on console and PC, but also mobile and become more worldwide brands. That's a fantastic opportunity. Microsoft is saying that the mobile part of the Activision deal is important. So all the investment we are making to be stronger on mobile is also in line with that."

Ubisoft Loves That Microsoft Is Buying Activision, And Here's Why - GameSpot

Ryuu96 said:

Xbox back to being the shooter box!!! Wait.....

Around the Network

Ryuu96 said:

During Ubisoft's latest investor briefing this week, CEO Yves Guillemot was asked for his thoughts around Microsoft's deal to buy Activision Blizzard, and he's a fan. He said the deal helps show how valuable IP is. Not only that, but Guillemot said Microsoft looking to buy Activision Blizzard in part for its mobile game business with King and Candy Crush helps to validate Ubisoft's own investments in the mobile market.

"I think it's good news that the transaction can go through because it really shows the power of IPs, and where the industry is going. So there will be lots of opportunities in the future for all the companies," he said. "It also shows the value of IPs that can be on console and PC, but also mobile and become more worldwide brands. That's a fantastic opportunity. Microsoft is saying that the mobile part of the Activision deal is important. So all the investment we are making to be stronger on mobile is also in line with that."

Ubisoft Loves That Microsoft Is Buying Activision, And Here's Why - GameSpot

Thats now Ubisoft, Take-Two and EA all saying they have no problem with the merger. All this whining from certain people about how the deal is bad for the industry meanwhile said industry leaders state otherwise, I guess they should be reminded that Sony doesn't speak for everyone. 

Ryuu96 said:

I still have my Black Ops dual-pack from the 360 era, BO1 is ugly and does not hold up at all for me but BO2 is still ok. MS should think about putting these games into GP Core, that will 100% have a great effect especially if they market it right.

CMA's idea of a dynamic market = Smaller cloud companies not being able to afford COD but at least it's not Microsoft setting the pricing (free). Once again I will repeat that the EC is the only regulator who genuinely seemed to be looking out for consumers and competitors at the same time. All the FTC and CMA are interested in, is looking "tough" on big tech without any considerations for the consumers or competitors.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 21 July 2023