By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I fully believe the CMA is playing nicely with Microsoft now, I fully expect them to approve it.

They're about to see the FTC go 0-3 and be like "yeah, no thanks"

As we saw today they've already made a complete mess of their case, they're better to just approve it and move on.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 17 July 2023

Around the Network
Angelus said:

Gamer lawsuit boys wanna go to the supreme court lmao

I never though I would see this kind of peak fanboyism. The cult really is bizarre.

Gamers finally made it, they reached the highest court in America! GAMERS RISE UP!

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 17 July 2023

Machiavellian said:
havoc00 said:

Thats good, I just hope the cma or this judge doesn't try some last minute wild card bs this coming week 

I am on the opposite part of the spectrum and I am hoping we get a few curve balls that extend this whole thing for another 6 months. I am hoping the CMA pull a fast ball on MS and act like they are going to approve only to get their delay and still deny the whole thing.  Now talk about net rage, it would be glorious.

But I'm holding off to play Diablo 4 on game pass 😢

Ryuu96 said:

I fully believe the CMA is playing nicely with Microsoft now, I fully expect them to approve it.

They're about to see the FTC go 0-3 and be like "yeah, no thanks"

As we saw today they've already made a complete mess of their case, they're better to just approve it and move on.

They could also put the case on hold forever and blame their lack of funding when MS closes.

I don't believe a body so ideologically motivated would just abandon, not when that's "only" taxpayer money they're wasting.

They'll pursue their don quixote-like quest until Lina Khan is forced out the door.

Around the Network

Microsoft Corp. and Activision Blizzard Inc. are nearing the finish line on their $69 billion deal, but aren't likely to close it by a Tuesday deadline, people familiar with the deal said.

The companies don't plan to walk away from the deal and will continue seeking the final regulatory approvals needed for closing, said the people, who declined to be named as they were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

Microsoft and Activision declined to comment.

An April order from UK regulators bars the companies from closing the deal even though it has now received government approvals in 39 countries. The UK Competition and Markets Authority said Monday that it has held "productive" talks with the companies about a resolution, but the UK enforcer has so far maintained its veto while negotiations continue.

A violation of the UK order would lead to fines up to 5% of the companies' combined global revenue. British enforcers could opt to change their order to allow Microsoft and Activision to close outside the UK while keeping the companies separate in the UK.

The UK discussions are expected to take several days or weeks to resolve, and the CMA has officially extended its target date on the probe to Aug. 29.

The merger agreement set July 18 as the date at which both companies could walk away, with Microsoft bound to pay Activision $3 billion if the deal is terminated.

Microsoft-Activision $69B Deal Poised to Close Later Than Planned (MSFT, ATVI) - Bloomberg

Libara said:
Angelus said:

Gamer lawsuit boys wanna go to the supreme court lmao

I never though I would see this kind of peak fanboyism. The cult really is bizarre.

I still remember this from way back at the beginning of the 360 gen, that's also peak fanboyism and exactly what I have in mind for those in the gamer lawsuit lol.

Transfer Arcanum IP ownership over to InXile.

This is nitpicky, but World of Warcraft and Hearthstone are part of the Warcraft IP they're not individual franchises.