By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

I know Diablo has been out for over a month now (probably be close to two by the time any ABK games start hitting Game Pass) but it could provide some good Game Pass growth I think (not like the game is a year old or something yet). Then Starfield in September as well.

I'm thinking they'll extend anyway, now that FTC took the L Microsoft shouldn't feel any rush to close, can't really think of any immediate concern as to why they need to close, whether they close in July or August, the FTC can't stop them now. Unless CMA have given them permission to close worldwide, I wouldn't risk it if I was in Microsoft's permission, things are going good with the CMA now, just wrap that up, it'll take a few weeks at most.

What do you think the final concessions will be with the cma? Do you think it will be strictly cloud? Do you think they will be reasonable? Or do you think they will try to pull some BS like divest cod or some curveball like that? 

Around the Network
havoc00 said:
Ryuu96 said:

I'm thinking they'll extend anyway, now that FTC took the L Microsoft shouldn't feel any rush to close, can't really think of any immediate concern as to why they need to close, whether they close in July or August, the FTC can't stop them now. Unless CMA have given them permission to close worldwide, I wouldn't risk it if I was in Microsoft's permission, things are going good with the CMA now, just wrap that up, it'll take a few weeks at most.

What do you think the final concessions will be with the cma? Do you think it will be strictly cloud? Do you think they will be reasonable? Or do you think they will try to pull some BS like divest cod or some curveball like that? 

It should strictly be Cloud since Cloud is CMA's only issue mentioned in the SLC final report, they can't just change their mind now.

I think it will be, I don't know if I can say reasonable, but I likely won't care, Microsoft likely won't care, I think it may end up hurting consumers more than anything but I really don't care about Microsoft being forced to hand over their Cloud licenses to another UK company or anything like that, it's silly for such a tiny market but it's also whatever.

If they try to force Microsoft to divest COD then we'll go back to CAT

I don't think they will try that.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 15 July 2023

Ryuu96 said:
havoc00 said:

It should strictly be Cloud since Cloud is CMA's only issue mentioned in the SLC final report, they can't just change their mind now.

I think it will be, I don't know if I can say reasonable, but I likely won't care, Microsoft likely won't care, I think it may end up hurting consumers more than anything but I really don't care about Microsoft being forced to hand over their Cloud licenses to another UK company or anything like that, it's silly for such a tiny market but it's also whatever.

I think they may extend yes, but now it is in the pocket anyway. They want it to be done soon tho, cause the appeal is STILL pending with the 9th and they want ti to be done before this starts for sure.

One thing to consider is Activision, what will they ask to extend it :) Maybe to bring that stock to 97% :) or 100$! (I'm just being silly here, I know it won't happen bit I mean I'm ALL for it :D).

Ryuu96 said:
havoc00 said:

In your opinion what do you think the time frame will be to get this to close with cma if everything goes well? 

Imaginedvl said:
Ryuu96 said:

I think they may extend yes, but now it is in the pocket anyway. They want it to be done soon tho, cause the appeal is STILL pending with the 9th and they want ti to be done before this starts for sure.

One thing to consider is Activision, what will they ask to extend it :) Maybe to bring that stock to 97% :) or 100$! (I'm just being silly here, I know it won't happen bit I mean I'm ALL for it :D).

Yeah, it's happening, it feels like when rather than if now, ABK will have the confidence that the deal isn't dying so they won't take the $3bn and run, Microsoft will have confidence that it's closing so they can give ABK a little more if they ask for more (ABK has $12bn sitting in the bank as well...)

Looking at how quickly and briefly the Ninth Circuit rejected FTC's attempt for a TRO extension, I have a feeling they aren't in any rush to entertain FTC's nonsense, I doubt that trial will happen anytime soon, if FTC doesn't just drop the case now (which they absolutely should but Lina loves wasting money so who knows).

Around the Network
havoc00 said:
Ryuu96 said:

In your opinion what do you think the time frame will be to get this to close with cma if everything goes well? 

Late July - Early August...Feeling more Late July, I honestly think/feel it's about done and they may just need a little extra time. CMA has set a deadline of August 29th for their final order but said it would come "ASAP" and before that date, that date is just a generic end deadline. Microsoft and CMA have been reportedly talking for weeks already as well. All the work is already done from the previous verdict, they just need to run the models for whatever new Cloud remedy they've been offered.

Ryuu96 said:
havoc00 said:

Late July - Early August...Feeling more Late July, I honestly think/feel it's about done and they may just need a little extra time. CMA has set a deadline of August 29th for their final order but said it would come "ASAP" and before that date, that date is just a generic end deadline. Microsoft and CMA have been reportedly talking for weeks already as well. All the work is already done from the previous verdict, they just need to run the models for whatever new Cloud remedy they've been offered.

That would be nice to see this wrapped up in a week or two a nice closing to this whole process. Hell closure this upcoming week would be nice too lol 

Course this is irrelevant if CMA just gives Microsoft permission to close...

I just don't think at this stage, after all recent events, Microsoft needs to close over the CMA if they haven't lifted the block. It's not worth the headache, the deal is going through, just let the process play out, ABK ain't walking at this stage, Lol.

Anyway, MS and CMA meet with CAT on Monday so maybe we learn more on Monday, heck maybe that is where CMA gives MS permission to close

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 15 July 2023

Ryuu96 said:

Course this is irrelevant if CMA just gives Microsoft permission to close...

I just don't think at this stage, after all recent events, Microsoft needs to close over the CMA if they haven't lifted the block. It's not worth the headache, the deal is going through, just let the process play out, ABK ain't walking at this stage, Lol.

Anyway, MS and CMA meet with CAT on Monday so maybe we learn more on Monday, heck maybe that is where CMA gives MS permission to close

wouldn't that be sweet, end of Monday its closed and we can all move on lol 

I've enjoyed a few jokes and some of the drama surrounding this aquisition, but in all honesty I'll be fucking overjoyed to just move on from the whole damn thing. Hardly any of the games/franchises involved actually appeal to me these days, then when I consider they could've easily swallowed up Sega for a fifth the cost and got far more interesting IPs to improve/revive, it bemuses me we're still stuck swirling around the litigation soup of this ABK merger.