By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Microsoft's Response: 23-07-14 Microsoft opposition to FTC emergency motion for injunction - DocumentCloud

The first few pages are pure gold. Really put forth the petty tactic employed by the FTC and a verbatim echo of what we've been saying since the FTC announced it's position with a court case in August.

Around the Network

It would be so fucking great to see FTC's delay tactics backfire on them and the court turn around and reject the emergency stay today.

I'll keep my expectations down though but Idk how a judge won't be annoyed to see someone spring something on them out of nowhere and cry for a decision within a day when they could have done this shit months ago, Lol.

Microsoft's response is scathing, Lol.

Goddamn FTC's expert witness is still being dragged, Lmfao.

The FTC may want the law to be different than it is, but this is not the place to start.

💀💀💀

The FTC's citations to the contrary, see Mot. 17, are completely off point. Qualcomm is not a merger case at all, and Warner and Whole Foods involved horizontal mergers, where the "combin[ing] operations" often means closing stores, factories, and other redundant assets that may be impossible to reconstitute if the merger is later found unlawful.

End of an Era!

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Feel like this was coming for a while now, the man is 65 and he deserves his break, I'll miss him but I feel like it's time to pass the torch, funnily he has the most followers out of all Xbox employees, Lol. Well, aside from Phil but it's a draw there, it'll be hard to replace his social media following.

Now we're down to Aaron and Phil 🥲