By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Phil low-key shitting on xCloud in these emails, Lol.

In terms of market appeal, not technology.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 26 June 2023

Around the Network

Don't take the larger acquisition list too seriously

They just put this one through a random filter of gaming companies.

Just a tweet that I found funny, I do see a different side to Matt in these emails...While Phil is about what we know about him, honest and mild mannered.

Matt is like "FUCK THE COMPETITION, BRING EM TO ME, I'LL TELL THEM THAT"

Ryuu96 said:

Housmarque making the top 17 is funny. IOI, People can Fly and Crytek would be solid realistic buys from that list. While I would love Remedy there is no chance that happens since they seem to have beef with MS.

Around the Network

If anyone wants to look through this stuff themselves, all the documents are here: files.cand.uscourts.gov - /files/23-cv-02880_FTC_v_Microsoft/

Dozens of strategy planning documents, emails between Xbox execs, etc.

Crazy level of insight we never get to see.

Ryuu96 said:

So Sega's plan was to keep everything multiplatform but also bring everything not on Xbox to Xbox and also everything to Game Pass.

People still think Xbox is trying to push out Sony...

While I don't like the Idea of keeping the SEGA games multiplatform I understand that it might be necessary as to not piss off some of the Japanese talent. But then you could have Sony just turn around and straight up buy Squenix and make all their games exclusive.

Phil barely seems to have any faith in xCloud adoption (as of 2019 at least) and is a bit desperate to find native mobile solutions for growth.

Phil doesn't even seem like a believer in xCloud, Loool. Imagine how pissed he will be if xCloud scuttles this deal.

Fucking CMA/FTC believe in xCloud more than Phil does. I wonder if xCloud is pushed by Satya.

All these studios on Microsoft's top list after the ABK deal should try to sell themselves to someone else first and then be like "hold on" and then whip up an email to Microsoft "Oh Microsoft!!! Someone is about to acquire us!!!"

EspadaGrim said:
Ryuu96 said:

Housmarque making the top 17 is funny. IOI, People can Fly and Crytek would be solid realistic buys from that list. While I would love Remedy there is no chance that happens since they seem to have beef with MS.

It makes me wonder if sony somehow got a hold of the list and decided to buy Housemarque, surprised to not see asobo up for consideration.