By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

That was probably the best concept of a show I could imagine.

There was no overload as it is during E3 press conferences and you could actually see gameplay, got release dates and you feel like you actually know something about the games after you saw the show.

We need more of that.

HiFi-Rush was such a unique surprise. Loved that one.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Game Pass January is great Imo...Focus less on quantity and a number it has to beat and what is actually in there.

Just for clarity, the number is 10 (or maybe 11, I recall another Game Pass title not announced in a blog post but through Twitter, Lol).

Stranded Deep, Monster Hunter Rise, Persona 3, Persona 4, Hi-Fi Rush, Goldeneye 007, Roboquest, Age of Empires II DE, Inkulinati, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure.

• 5 Japanese Titles.
  • Monster Hunter Rise is a huge title, one of Capcom's biggest, it launching into Game Pass is bigger than dozens of indies combined.
  • Persona 3 and Persona 4 are very highly rated and loved titles, continues a trend of Persona titles on Xbox.
  • Xbox is dropping 2 first party titles in January Game Pass, 3 if you count Goldeneye since the rights are shared between Xbox/Nintendo.
  • Goldeneye is a cult classic.
  • Hi-Fi Rush is a brand new title from Tango and looks awesome.
  • Age of Empires II is the first Age of Empires on Xbox consoles in ever.

Pretty strong Imo.

I'll download Hi-Fi tomorrow.

Thinking more on it and I'd easily say this is the best format that Xbox has ever done for a show like this (excluding E3 stuff).

Feels like a nice humanising of the developers behind the games too, gamers have a habit of treating developers like they're emotionless robots building a product.

Ryuu96 said:

Hi-Fi Rush barely leaking probably says more about Bethesda than it does Xbox Tbf, Lol.

Jez says that Bethesda is a lot harder to leak than Xbox and it seems that's true in others experience as well.

Can't even get a month leaked for Starfield, nobody has a damn clue, all that leaked for Starfield was a couple of years old development environment images too, their biggest leak recently has been Redfall's release date which says a lot, Hi-Fi Rush was trademarked years ago, Lol.

It's less Xbox getting better, it's more that Bethesda is just 1000x more secure than Xbox, Lol.

That's true, I remember them showing off Fallout 4 about 6 months before it released.  Still crazy, to get HI-Fi released day and date, it looks like a great game!

As we announced previously, in order to dedicate the proper amount of time for a deep dive into Bethesda Game Studios’ Starfield, a standalone show is in the works. In addition to this, our teams are working hard and look forward to sharing even more of what is next for our fans when we return to Los Angeles for our yearly Showcase this summer.

Xbox & Bethesda Developer_Direct Showcases Games Coming to Xbox, PC and Game Pass - Xbox Wire

I hope you got a chance to tune into the Developer_Direct today – lots to add to your pre-install list for Game Pass! We’re not done with developer conversations, so keep tuned for more updates to come. But now, let’s take a closer look at the games coming soon!

Coming to Xbox Game Pass: Hi-Fi Rush, GoldenEye 007, Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition, and More - Xbox Wire

Around the Network

Hopefully they keep the momentum up, January is ending on a strong note between this Developer Direct, Game Pass (Persona 3, 4, MH Rise, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) and 1st Party (Age II on Xbox, Goldeneye HD, Hi-Fi Rush) but February is fairly silent for Xbox aside from Atomic Heart, March starts strong for Game Pass with Wo Long and also will have Ghostwire Tokyo, April - May both have a 1st party release and June is obviously E3.

So looking at the schedule, I'd say February would be the best month to have the Starfield showcase, between Hogwarts Legacy and Atomic Heart and if that happens then Xbox will have a steady stream of positive news flow leading into E3. It'd be a shame to have a great event and then go completely dead in February aside from regulator updates, Lol.

Also would recommend rewatching the stuff in 4k on YouTube, the stream was 1080p.

Ryuu96 said:

Also would recommend rewatching the stuff in 4k on YouTube, the stream was 1080p.

I did for Redfall and honestly thought it looked great. Because I'm still playing on last-gen I'm not the best reference, so I'm waiting for DF to do it's technical deep dive, but from what I saw for a game running at (seemingly) 4K60 with it's massive open world and varried enironment, it looked impressive to me. I also really like the art style and the general asthetics; seemed well-balanced and just stylish enough.

Probably go back for Forza later since DF tweeted about it, and I missed most of it while whining about the trouble of getting the stream setup on my tv.

(Edit: I think it was John Linneman not the DF account that tweeted, just for the record)