By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 13 38.24%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 21 61.76%

Total:34

CMA tried to argue their lawyers are too busy for a fast process, the judge responded that CMA's convenience isn't a high priority.

Whoof, Lmao.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 30 May 2023

Around the Network

Judge doesn't think there's a difference between Cloud-Only and Downloading/Physical Market!

This isn't the judge that CAT will use to look over CMA's decision (I don't think) but still, one judge can set a precedence.

Gonna increase my odds of this deal ultimately passing by 5% to 10%

CMA from the sounds of it got fucking destroyed by Beard (Microsoft's Lawyer) and even this judge sided with Microsoft on a few things and put to question CMA's whole market definition argument which if that is ultimately thrown out by CAT, they'd be fucked.

Apparently this judge is one of 3 members of the CAT panel who will ultimately look over CMA's decision.

Judge: Why do I need an independent economist, why can't I hear from the economist that the CMA used to come up with their decision?

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Judge: Why do I need an independent economist, why can't I hear from the economist that the CMA used to come up with their decision?

It is the break now but this is very interesting.

If the CMA has one economist, bring him/her on, and question him/her to understand how they came up with this decision based on his/her analysis. I do not understand why the CMA wants an external one... Other than giving a reason to delay even more.

The point of all of this is to challenge their decision/math/numbers, we don't need anyone else but them to explain that.

By the looks of it, the CMA is having a bad day, and the whole process might just play faster than initially though with a potential resolution this summer. I wonder if the CAT may allow MS to close over the CMA pending re-evaluation in case of an MS win there 🤔.

Anyway, my personal feeling is that this case is going back to the CMA (95% sure of it). After this, I give a 33% chance of this going through with additional remedies that will cater more to CMA's hardline appearance/save face than the consumer or market SLC.

Whatever happens, this Beard dude sounds brilliant and worth the money.

okay the CMA really wants that independent economist. He is coming back at it.
They must already have a name in mind

Feel sorry for CMA's lawyer a little, I think earlier he said he only had a day or two to prepare, CMA really just plucked some lawyer and threw him to the wolves with barely any preparation time and it's showing, Microsoft's lawyer is running circles around him. This is CMA's fault that this lawyer is being clowned.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 30 May 2023